UBC Nursing 2010-2011 - Page 11Register Today!
- May 7, '10 by solalHas anyone heard yet?
- May 7, '10 by tareijaHaven't heard anything yet. I definitely am looking forward to hearing back, and finding it hard to wait.
Was anyone here in the Wednesday afternoon interview group? That's the group I was in, was just wondering if maybe some of us met in person without realizing it.
- May 10, '10 by k_mbnothing yet.... I was Monday morning at 10:30... but met some people at the 9:20 one cause I came super early haha. I JUST WANT TO KNOW!
- May 11, '10 by cheeseburgerI just got an email saying I got accepted! My interview was on the Tuesday April 27th at 10:30am.
- May 11, '10 by 39bcgirlHi everyone,
I just received an e-mail this morning too, saying I was accepted! My interview was on Friday afternoon...
I hope to meet you all at the orientation. This is all so exciting.
- May 11, '10 by stephunkyHi all!
I just got an acceptance e-mail too! My interview was on Tuesday morning. I can't wait to meet you all!
- May 12, '10 by ubchealthCongrats everyone! Unfortunately, I did not get accepted into the program. Just wondering if those who didn't get accepted received a note somewhere in the email saying they were put on a waitlist? (I didn't). Thanks!
- May 12, '10 by SstarI was not accepted either, and my email didn't say anything about a waiting list. The FAQ on the UBC Nursing website says there is no waiting list, though when people asked about it during my interview the answer seemed to imply that everyone who isn't accepted is essentially on a waiting list of sorts - they rank everyone who is interviewed from 1-192, accept 1-120, and then if there are spots to fill they move to 121, 122, etc. Here's hoping that's true :\
- May 12, '10 by Field2010Hi everyone. Congratulations to all of you accepted! Unfortantely, I was not. Does anyone know if they will give us the information of how we ranked to see whether we are close to the top of the "waitlist" or not?
- May 12, '10 by MPKHHi guys,
I don't know how useful this will be to you, but for last year's intake, those who were waitlisted were told specifically in the email that they are on the waitlist (although, they might've changed that this year). I was waitlisted last year (and thankfully, a spot opened up and I accepted the offer), and this is what my email looked like:
Your interview for entry into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at the UBC School of Nursing has now been evaluated and I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Applications are evaluated on both academic and non-academic qualities and you will shortly receive a letter from the School of Nursing giving further detail of your application scores for reference.
However, you have been placed on a waiting list for a seat in September 2009. You will be contacted as soon as a seat becomes available. Please inform the School of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want to remain on the waiting list.
Hope this helps!