Alberta hiring freezeRegister Today!
- by courtney1987 Mar 24Hello,
Have a question for anyone who may know... I live in winnipeg, been an RN for 2 1/2yrs and applied recently for my license in Alberta. I just found out there is a hiring freeze!
If anyone knows please feel free to share with me if I have a chance of getting my license approved? If so, will I be able to get a job? Specifically in calgary...
- Mar 24 by Silverdragon102Lots of discussing of this subject here in this thread http://allnurses.com/nursing-in-cana...487-page2.html
- How is living at wetawiskin? It's rural but are there buses running from edmonton?
- Mar 25 by lilaclover6984I'd forget about coming to Calgary for a while.... Things are not looking good as far as nursing jobs
- Mar 25 by janfrnWetaskiwin is surrounded by four First Nations reserves. These are Ermineskin, Louis Bull, Montana and Samson. They have a reputation for being high-crime areas - guns, drugs, domestic violence and such. There are issues related to poverty as well. Wetaskiwin's hospital is a busy one.
Greyhound runs one bus a day from Edmonton to Wetaskiwin (leaves at 0045 and arrives at 0205) and vice versa (leaves 0445 and arrives 0605). Fares are around $18-25 one way. Red Arrow doesn't go to Wetaskiwin. Highway 2 isn't a friendly place when it snows... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...44342787,d.cGE
- Thanks ladies ! I had an interview with a manager down there and was thinking if its a good idea to move from Toronto ATM especially when every one is talking about the freeze .
Good insight! Thanks once again