Alberta Health Services - page 17
by Fiona59 | 32,028 Views | 168 Comments
OK, we've all heard that they are eliminating 100 managerial positions. We got the OT ban announcement last week, followed by the "part timers should pick up shifts before OT is permitted" (well, duh, that's in the contracts,... Read More
- 0Jan 25, '10 by mabstudentI liked what our new health minister had to say to "Dr. Duckett".
I really hope he gets replaced soon...
- 0Feb 8, '10 by jenn8500I am from alberta, although I have not been living there for a year and a half, I have heard all about Mr. Duckett and his solution to make health care more accessible. Is he a Canadian citizen? What I've heard is that he is from Australia. I do not have a problem with people from other countries, but I don't understand how someone has the right to come to a Canadian province and reform the health care delivery system of CANADIAN citizens.
- 1Feb 9, '10 by NotReady4PrimeTime, RN Senior ModeratorQuote from Fiona59For a princely sum, with incredibly generous benefits... the details of which can be found here:He was recruited and hired by our elected government.
http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/...dr-duckett.pdf. FYI, business class flights between here and Sydney run about $8,000 each. (see p. 4) Another clause that I just love is the professional development one where he gets $10,000 a year to take courses or attend seminars. And the year-long paid sabbatical for every 5 years he works for AHS... and then there's the $50,000 transition allowance... it just goes on and on.
- 0Feb 16, '10 by Fiona59OK, so the surgical backlog is due to end. We're supposed to work harder and more intelligently. Duh. What do the powers think we've been doing?
But I am seeing the part timers suddenly be asked to work more hours. So I guess they are serious about spending $8mill in the next couple of months.
- 0Mar 10, '10 by Fiona59So the surgical push is on. The units are keeping track of how many OT shifts are being used and how many part timers are picking up "extra" shifts.
Funny how the patients are all like "I didn't get much warning".
CARNA is negotiating and AUPE is due their cost of living increase at the end of the month. The govt. tried to shaft the Teachers on their COLA but had to back down.
Fun times ahead.
- 1Mar 10, '10 by RGN1Quote from Fiona59Couldn't have put it better myself! Judging from what AHS has tabled it's going to be very messy!!CARNA is negotiating and AUPE is due their cost of living increase at the end of the month. The govt. tried to shaft the Teachers on their COLA but had to back down.
Fun times ahead.