Why are patients...? - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 13, '11 by queenjulieQuote from teeniebertI learned something vital on here a week or so ago from a LTC nurse. She said, "In LTC, nothing stops the med pass. NOTHING." If a resident needs water/food/whatever, turn on the bell or ask an aide. If a resident falls, assist them until someone else gets there, then let them take over. Nothing stops the med pass, because if it does, the meds will never get done. I thought it was a great point and one I intend to remember when I'm a real nurse.It's a scope of practice/time management issue. I have about 3 minutes per resident, and that includes time spent at the cart.
- Mar 13, '11 by ohio1965i understand about med pass i was speaking of put the light on or come find aide just so they can continue to flirt or bs or READ A BOOK !. I really hope Real Nurse did not mean RN as oppossed to Lets Play Nurse(LPN). yep pretty sure i've ****** off more better just sign off now
- Mar 14, '11 by Deb123jWhy is tube feed vanilla flavored?
- Mar 14, '11 by Hygiene QueenWhy do patients fill the spec cup up to the brim-- with urine dripping down the side... and then set it down on the nurses' station?
- Mar 15, '11 by NurseOnAMotorcycleQuote from Hygiene QueenWhy do patients fill the spec cup up to the brim-- with urine dripping down the side... and then set it down on the nurses' station?
ROFL!!! Ok you owe me a new keyboard!
- Mar 15, '11 by tencatWhy does everyone have to die at 2:00 AM????
- Mar 15, '11 by LPN_FTWQuote from tencatHere they usually wait until shift change.Why does everyone have to die at 2:00 AM????
- Mar 15, '11 by Turd FergusonWhy are cold symptoms an emergency?
- Mar 15, '11 by annisterWhy can you only ask for........one........thing..........at..........a ...........time..........??????
When I say "Is there anything else I can do for you right now?"
You say "Nausea Medicine."
I say "Sure, let me get it. Is there ANYTHING ELSE I you'd like me to bring you when I get your Phenergan?"
You say "Nope."
Three minutes later, I'm back with your Phenergan and you say "Can I get something for pain?"
I say "Sure, give me just a minute and I'll bring your pain meds. ANYTHING ELSE WHILE I'M GETTING THAT?"
You say "Nope."
Just a minute later, I say "OK, here's your Dilaudid. Call me if you need ANYTHING, otherwise I'll be back to check on your pain level in 30....yadda yadda."
You say "Can I have a Sprite."
And so it continues from sprite.......to another blanket.........to more ice..........to a sleeping pill (to which I say how about two?)...........Good Lord people, I'm lucky enough to have both arms just give me a damn list and let's get this done already!
- Mar 15, '11 by K+MgSO4Why is a vistor comes up to the desk and states "mum needs pain meds / nauseated / wants a blanket"
I'm not your mum's nurse so I don't know who mum is. A name or bed number is a great help! I have plenty of mums in here. Narrow it down!
I do acutually say this to people. "we have plently of mums / dads / brothers here. A name helps!"
To which the response is Oh but you looked after them last week and I spoke to you then.......................LAST WEEK...........................where is the brick wall?