Weirdest, funniest, grossest male teenager pt. Stories - page 9
by Mtb97 21,556 Views | 91 Comments
What are some of your alls funniest, grossest, wierdest stories that deal with male teenagers??????... Read More
- 0Aug 12, '11 by No Stars In My EyesMy brother, sister, and I would crawl out the skylight of our large three-story house to sit straddling the peak of the roof; we also would jump off the roof of a one-story annex, and see how high we could climb in a particularly good climbing tree. None of us, thank God, ever got a broken bone. I just want to say that boys are not the only ones who have a corner on the market for doing bonehead things. We generally did not get into trouble because we never got caught! Once many years later at a small family reunion, we shocked my mother when we reminisced about these things;"Whhhaaatttt? And I always thought my kids were so well behaved!" My brother also told her he was "through being a wino" by the time he was 14. Poor Mom, somewhat disillusioned, but still happy with how we all turned out, after all. (and P.S. my brother was no more gross or disgusting than my sister and I; We WERE however , into being extremely SILLY!)Last edit by No Stars In My Eyes on Aug 12, '11
- 5Apr 4, '12 by TeenyTinyBabyRNThis wasn't a patient, it was my brother, when he was about 9 (I am 2 years older). We were in the car, and my mother was driving us home from soccer practice. He had a plastic watch that he had worn for months, without taking it off, during a shower, swimming, soccer practice... or ever. Well he decides, for some reason, to take it off in the car, and off with it comes a layer of skin. The skin on his wrist was the most fungusy, disgusting, bumpy, raw skin, you have ever seen. Then the smell just about punched me in the face. My mom and I were gagging and my mom kept screaming, "Where is that coming from?!?" I manage to direct my mother to the source of the smell, while trying to choke back the vomit that keeps rushing into my mouth. My mother then promptly threw the watch out the window.
- 1Apr 5, '12 by R!XTERSometimes I really wish people would lighten up... In defense of the OP, I am sure all he/she meant was that teenage boys have a (well-deserved) reputation of doing silly/funny/yucky things. Can't we all have an innocent laugh??
I work adult ER, so I don't care for too many teenage boys, but the other day a 21 year old guy (close enough!) came in with an un-related complaint, however he did think it was necessary to mention that while on spring break -in a less modernized country - he somehow sustained a deep laceration to the left buttock by "falling through a glass door" (he admitted that a LOT of alcohol was involved in that situation!) His slightly less drunk friend took him to the hospital. The friend being a medical student had a student ID for a well-known American hospital. He managed to convince the MD's that he was an American doctor, and wanted to stitch his friend's lac, to which they agreed!! I asked my patient how on earth he allowed his friend to suture him and he responded "Oh I didn't! I was on another planet at that point!" Then, a few weeks later, once he was home, he didn't want to go to the hospital or doctor to have the sutures removed, so he allowed his sister - with no medical training - to remove the sutures!! The attending MD who examined him said his buddy actually did a pretty nice job - he'd healed very well I kind of wanted to be annoyed at him for being such a bonehead, but he was just so adorable that I couldn't! He admitted that he made some dumb decisions, but couldn't stop saying how much fun he had! I guess teenage stupidity doesn't end at 19... Haha!
- 1Apr 5, '12 by R!XTERHere's one more - a 22-ish guy was sent from a psych facility for alcohol intoxication. He was perfectly calm, but had a history of aggression/violence so we had a PCA stay with him the whole time he was there. He kept asking one of the female PCA's if she could take him down to the basement (in a clearly sexually motivated way) that she got so frustrated and had to ask for a different assignment...He stayed with us the whole night, and just masturbated the whole time! He payed no mind that someone was there observing him all the while...the poor PCA's were so disturbed! Finally towards morning I asked the attending what the plan was for him and he replied "Oh, we gotta get him discharged before we have to admit him for third-degree burns!!" Hahaha!
- 4Apr 5, '12 by SHGRAwww, man, I thought this was going to be a funny thread. So disappointed. As the proud possessor of a very, very adolescent-male-style sense of humor in which farts are hilarious, I am so, so, very disappointed that everyone's minds turn to "PERV!" Really... maybe I am just naive...but, the teen boys that were my patients at the peds hospital cracked me up so much every day. I loved it. They had to do stuff like fill in their own hospital admit paperwork. "What can we do to make your stay here better?" "Do my every bidding." I still think that's funny, yeeeeears later.
**off to find "funny" somewhere else**
- 7Apr 8, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRNI can just say when I was a teenage boy, they ought to have given me my very own ER room for the summertime.
MONDAY: Wanted to go fishing, climbed a Cawtawba Tree to get Cawtawba Worms (for bait), and fell on tin, needing stitches- didn't get to go fishing.
TUESDAY: ER Head of Emergency Department was reviewing charts, seen that I had not been XRayed, and called me back into ER, Stiches cut, opened back up, and irrigated. Stitched shut.
WEDNESDAY: Successful worm collecting (Had to sneak out after parents went to work), called friend, picked him up on GoKart, caught several, Friend caught large Catfish (was afraid to pull fish of hook), slung fish over to me. Out of reflex, I put my hand up to catch it, and got finned on my hand. That night by about 7, my hand had swollen into a baseball. There was a "Fishing Line" looking string coming out of where I got finned, and my mother thought I had gotten a hook in my hand, (ended up being part of the fin that comes out), and was removed by cutting a small incision beside it and MD got it out, stitched it up, and on to Thursday.
THURSDAY: Woke up to what felt like getting shot in the leg. Leg had swollen overnight (where I had got gashed on the Tin), and popped open. Went to show my father (my brother vomited, and passed out). Back to ER, Irrigated, left open for Skin Graft, and dressing care. Cried self to sleep thinking it would always look horrindous, and worried they would take my leg. (poor teaching if you ask me, but I remember being afraid to ask what they would do next.)
FRIDAY: Swelling totally gone, a clean looking wound, some debridement, Stitched shut, discharged home on antibiotics, and Tylenol #3.
FRIDAY EVENING: Noticed I felt funny after nap on Sofa, went to look in mirror, and noticed I was a funny color with funny feeling in throat and mouth. Called my mom at work, and realized I couldn't talk, Mom rushed home- short of breath by then, and whistling sound with breathing (I sounded like my Boston Terrier does now, Lol). Allergic Reaction.
SATURDAY: Intubation removed, feeling much better begging for "Real" food (turned down), and to go home, (also turned down).
SUNDAY: D/C'd Home, Really feeling guilty now about Hospital Bill (my family was not rich), and just wanting to be home. 4 miles away from Hospital, Head-on collision. My seatbelt malfunctioned, Hit the dashboard from rear seat. Lost 6 baby teeth, and broken jaw, clavicle, several rib Fx, and had some mild internal bleeding. All other family members were fine (I was the one with the ER curse), and was Air Lifted to Level I trauma. 3 more weeks in a hospital, and I knew 2 things.
1. I didn't want to go to a hospital for a LONG LONG LONG time.
2. I wanted to be a Nurse.Last edit by BostonTerrierLoverRN on Apr 8, '12 : Reason: Poor Written English Abilities, Lol.
- 1Apr 12, '12 by Sue DamonasQuote from DeLanaHarvickWannabeMy brother and his friends high five one another when one of them clogs a toilet. These are middle aged men!!!I didn't think this changed once the teenage years were over - I have two male friends in their 20s who try to regularly outfart each other, and think it's even more awesome when women are around to witness!
Also, I had a boyfriend who just did it whenever. One time I asked him if he could at least hold it until we were out of the car, and he said, "I didn't know you could hold it!"