Terms we will not admit to using - Page 12Register Today!
- Feb 12, '08 by blueheavenPropofol.....Milk of Amnesia
- Feb 12, '08 by ruralnurshypohygiene - needs to stand a bit closer to the soap when showering
hypohydrocodonemia - drug seeker
FOBS - coming in by ambulance from local bar...Fell Off Bar Stool
Positive suitcase sign - family brings grandma in to ER, "Not feeling well" and they expect her to be admitted
The Gold Card - medicaid
Tooner - mentally ill as in "Loony Toons"
- Feb 13, '08 by FranemtnurseTFAOSP the frequent abusive of service pest
- Feb 13, '08 by DutchgirlRNQuote from fergus51Wow, I don't like that one at all. Who would really be so crued as to actually use it?
CTF Cletus the fetus (those 23 weekers parents expect us to save)
- Feb 19, '08 by al7139Here are a few:
The Q sign (pt has tongue hanging out the side of their mouth)
The O sign (pts mouth open)
ADR (Ain't Doing Right)
In need of a callbellectomy.
Family needs to be discharged.
In need of TLC (Thorazine, Lorazepam, Compazine).
Needs a Darwin Consult.
AmyLast edit by Elvish on Feb 19, '08 : Reason: TOS for language
- Feb 19, '08 by MedicalLPNTwo that we use on my unit:
Vitamin G IM - Geodon IM
KOHD- Knockin on Heaven's Door
- Feb 20, '08 by ssouthernyankeeQuote from dutchgirlrni agree dutchgirlrn, as a parent of a 25 weeker who is now 7 years old and in perfect health, i think i would have ripped someone's head off had i heard any comments like that. i pray that anyone who would say such a cruel thing never has to experience the pain of having a micro preemie.wow, i don't like that one at all. who would really be so crued as to actually use it?
- Feb 20, '08 by FranemtnurseQuote from ssouthernyankeei'll second that. how much did your baby weight when born?i agree dutchgirlrn, as a parent of a 25 weeker who is now 7 years old and in perfect health, i think i would have ripped someone's head off had i heard any comments like that. i pray that anyone who would say such a cruel thing never has to experience the pain of having a micro preemie.
- Feb 20, '08 by ssouthernyankeeQuote from FranemtnurseShe weighed 1lb 3 ozs. was in NICU for over 3 months, had some developmental delays for first few years but now you couldn't tell she had ever been ill a day in her life. She is still a little on small side but then again so am I lol. For any NICU nurses out there I can't tell you how much I admire you and what you do everyday it takes a very special person to do such heartbreaking work, all of the nurses who sat at her bedside day after day will always hold such a special place in my heart. I am in nursing school now but I can honestly say I could never work NICU.I'll second that. How much did your baby weight when born?
- Feb 21, '08 by lorilou22RN<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
Gorked, snowed (for those quiet folk)
Corked (for those constipated folk)
In need of a celestial transfer (for those should be dead folk)
Inbred (you know for those special folk)
PS guys love all the others.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Last edit by sirI on Feb 21, '08