The strangest thing you've ever seen on an x-ray? - page 6
by Spirit of Humor 53,580 Views | 74 Comments
Just read the story about the gal that swallowed her engagement ring that her boyfriend slipped into her milkshake. She didn't believe him until she saw the x-ray! Fortunately, the crisis passed ;) What's the funniest/strangest... Read More
- 0Jan 12, '10 by idahostudent2011Did not see it on x-ray. but in person(in the OR)A spray can of lysol disinfectant spray up someone's butt...got the can out, but the cap was stuck up there....yes, we had to surgically remove it ...On x-ray I have seen a bottle of paste picante sauce shoved pretty high up there...too bad HIPPA wouldn't let me take a picture of that...so weird...
- 0Jan 12, '10 by yoshimooQuote from Purple_ScrubsI'M ROLLIN OVER HERE!Ahh, here come the foreign-object-in-rectum stories <GETS ready popcorn of tub>
I know it is just a TV show, but I have never laughed so hard as that episode of Scrubs when the guy had the light bulb up his rear and when looking at the x-ray, Dr. Cox says "either that or his colon has a great idea"
- 0Apr 27, '10 by bunsterjA Pierre Cardin cologne bottle in the rectum (this was in the 80's, the shape was a ball on top of a cylinder...there are images online, of the bottle, not the xray). An 8 ball from a set of pool balls, not the magic type as someone else had mentioned, in the rectum. Patient adamently denied any knowledge of how it got there, pre and post op, when it was shown to him.
- 4May 3, '10 by RescueNinjaQuote from vivacious1healerThis would make me want to make sweet potatoes every single holiday just to tell the story!My mother is an old OR nurse, and she told us some pretty funny stories of 'retrieval procedures' in surgery. The one that stands out was the big, long sweet potato stuck up the guy's rectum, and required it to be surgically removed! Needless to say, we can't have sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving anymore.....
I took care of a patient that claimed to have ' swallowed his toothbrush'.....yeah right, that's why you had to have a hemi-colectomy! Can't imagine how he explained this to his wife and kids! geez!
- 0May 12, '10 by escpthemadnssStrangest thing I ever saw on an x-ray was when I was doing my ER rotation during clinicals. A guy comes in by ambulance, lower half of his body covered in blood. He complained of having "a little pain down there". X-ray showed one of those little eyeglass screwdrivers a couple inches up his urethra.
- 0May 19, '10 by SGT>Moody68wok, here is yet another fb up the wazoo story. i'll keep it short and sweet. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
picture this: <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1ersonname w:st="on">er</st1ersonname> night shift. ambulance tones out for an inmate from the local prison with severe abd and rectal pain. so they bring him in, position of "comfort" face down on tha stretcher. ptís completely hysterical. so we assess him and have labs drawn and do an acute abd series. low&behold. the films come back and tha guy has a 1 liter water bottle that was apparently placed there by a few of the other inmates.<o></o>
prolly tha most jaw dropping thing i had seen in awhile. lol<o></o>
- 1May 29, '10 by becca001Okay, so this was from when I worked at the female prison. Had a female offender that had recently gotten into enough trouble that she was anticipating going into segregation. Now, offenders don't get many things while in seg, the whole point is that it is a form of punishment. So, this offender is anticipating this to happen on a Friday but lo and behold, the seg committee didn't convene for her offenses and she was forced to approach one of the male officers to request to go to sick bay and see a female nurse. Found in the vaginal area was a full pack of cigarettes, a lighter and tweezers. Said she placed them there and couldn't retrieve them when needed.