The strangest thing you've ever seen on an x-ray? - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 10, '09 by gentleQuote from HmarieDdentures "stored" in the vaginal cavity - said the last time she was in the hospital they lost her dentures so she put them there for safe-keeping!
- Jun 14, '09 by AyrmanAnti-aircraft shell, 37 mm IIRC. Live round, too. You can look it up on the net. The guy had been using it for years to alleviate a dangling hemmorhoid, when his dog ran in on him and caused him to fall on it. End of story the shell was removed and deactivated, the offending dangly repaired and the now dewat shell returned to owner, who had saved it as a souvenir from his days as an ack-ack gunner on the British Isles during WWII.
I did not view the x-ray personally but it is available on the net as I say. Somethings are just too weird not to save for posterity.
- Jun 14, '09 by LEN-RNdoorknob = rectum
- Jun 14, '09 by FuzzyI've seen a lot of weird things on x-rays. I'm not talking about abdomonal ones but many others as well. We have a good one of a horse that has a tree limb stuck right between his eyes. The limb was surgical removed and tha horse is doing fine. We have x-rays with some really neat bladder stones. Sometimes there is more stones than bladder. Dog that tried to jump over a fence and impaled herself on a t-post in the chest. Yes that one lived too. The post barely missed the heart. Then of course the standard "What did it eat that for?" x-rays. Don't pull the string out of the cats mouth as it really balls up the intestines which makes the vet use his cuss words more. If the object will fit in the ferrets mouth the ferret will swallow it. A bloodhound ate a 16 penny nail. I have no idea why. He must have been iron depleted. Removed some panties from a dog once. The husband squirmed. The wife was mad. They weren't hers.
- Jun 14, '09 by Spirit of HumorLOL! You don't have to make this stuff up!
- Jun 14, '09 by Spirit of HumorOkay---this definitely makes the Top 10 List! Gives new meaning to pain in the a$$.
- Jun 19, '09 by KatnipHad an 82 year old with recent breast implants (her husband had died and would never allow her to have them so she treated herself a week after his funeral). He c/o was respiratory so we did a cxr, which showed bilateral nipple piercings. She said she figured she would just go "whole hog" after she got the implants.
- Jun 19, '09 by 2bnurseforce1Quote from Spirit of HumorJust read the story about the gal that swallowed her engagement ring that her boyfriend slipped into her milkshake. She didn't believe him until she saw the x-ray! Fortunately, the crisis passed What's the funniest/strangest thing you've ever seen on an x-ray?
I saw that they were on the Ellen show. It was very funny.
- Jun 20, '09 by rainingwomanQuote from KatnipYES!!! Good for her. LOLHad an 82 year old with recent breast implants (her husband had died and would never allow her to have them so she treated herself a week after his funeral). He c/o was respiratory so we did a cxr, which showed bilateral nipple piercings. She said she figured she would just go "whole hog" after she got the implants.
- Jun 23, '09 by diawc13 yo boy who inserted a metal rod into his penis - didnt ask, but he ended up in surgery.
DD girl who swollowed staples one at a time - took us a while to figure that one out.
Had a cousin who worked on the West coast, he had a patient who "accidentally" sat on a jar of grey poupon. Yup surgery - but the funniest part was that his surgeons also lived in his subdivision. Can you imagine the summer block party? "Pardon me sure....can you pass the............."