Share Your Saying - Page 41Register Today!
- Oct 30, '08 by kittagirlSorry I havenít had a chance to look at all the pages, but here are some of my current favourites
Current house rule!
Do NOT get between the woman with PMS and the Chocolate!!!
Personal favourite: Who died and made me the Queen of Nice?
(You get between me and the good stuff I will bring you down and when you whine I will reply with above)
You canít make a silk purse out of a sowís ear
If itís wet, dry it. If itís dry, wet it.
Meetings are indispensable when you don't want to do anything.
People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything
That one only opens his mouth in order to change his feet (a Irish-ism!)
All money is tainted, tain't none of it mine. (And another)
It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody. (And again)
Never put off till tomorrow what I can put off forever
Everyone is wise until he speaks.
Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat
Get down on your knees and thank God you're still on your feet
If you are lucky enough to be Irish, then you are lucky enough. ( have you guessed Iím Irish yet?)
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction.
Good laugh and long sleep are the best cures in a doctor's book.
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold
onto one blade of grass to keep from falling off
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
and, Until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of His hand
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.
May you both live as long as you want, And never want as long as you live.
May the Lord keep you in his hand and never close his fist too tight
What the little ones see, the little ones do.
Beauty wonít boil the pot.
Itís no secret if three know it
The moon is none the worse for the dogsí barking at her.
- Nov 2, '08 by MarieFutureRNLive life to the fullest no one gets out alive anyways..... <img src="http://allnurses.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" smilieid="9" class="inlineimg" />
- Dec 2, '08 by so alive LPNold, but i love it, and i love madonna!
~poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
- Dec 7, '08 by Saved_by_GraceHere are some of my fav's
*It's never too late to become the person you might have been - George Elliot :angel2:
*Forget love, I'd rather fall in chocolate!
*Life is fragile, handle with prayer.
*The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
*A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it. - Frank A Clark:heartbeat
*Goodbyes are not forever, Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I'll miss you, Until we meet again!:kiss
*I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I want to be. I am not what I hope to be. But still, I am not what I used to be. And by the grace of God, I am what I am. - John Newton :bowingpur
This one is my favorite and my personal mantra. It's where my user name comes from as well.
- Dec 7, '08 by AtheosThe one I always use in my e-mails is :
A successful person is one that can build a house out of all the bricks others throw at them.
I have 2 signs on my door:
ďThe tendency to whine and complain may be taken as the surest sign and symptom of little souls and inferior intellects.Ē - Lord Jeffrey
"The beatings will continue until morale improves." - Unknown
- Dec 18, '08 by SASQUATCH THE NP"the man who said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons fire" -
success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.
courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
never tell people how to do things.
tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity
"you're never beaten until you admit it."
- general george patton jr
don't tell mom i'm a pilot, she thinks i play piano in a whorehouse
- us marine bumper sticker
there are no american infidels in baghdad. never!
- "baghdad bob" iraqi information minister 1 hour before baghdad was taken by the us led coalition forces.
what the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly
the way to avoid responsibility is to say, 'i've got responsibilities.'
here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
every person, all the events of your life, are there because you have drawn them there. what you choose to do with them is up to you.
you are never given a wish without being given the power to make it true. you may have to work for it, however.
there is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. you seek problems because you need their gifts
and finally.. my personal favorite
argue for your limitations and they're yours
richard bach illusions: the adventures of a reluctant messiah
- Dec 18, '08 by AtheosEverything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet then it isn't the end.
- Dec 25, '08 by Dancehall DoctorWhenever I used to ask my grandmother what we were having for dinner, my grandpa would always get this ornery look on his face and say, "Hog **** and hominy".
That politician is so crooked he can hide behind a cork screw !
She is so skinny if she stuck her tongue out she would look like a zipper.
Merry Christmas Y'allLast edit by Elvish on Dec 25, '08 : Reason: TOS
- Dec 26, '08 by systolyEveryone said it couldn't be done - along came someone who had not been told - and did it.