Share Your Saying - Page 11Register Today!
- Oct 10, '05 by SouthernLPN2RNMy new favorite is "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it". Ironically enough, I saw it on some items in a hospital gift shop!
- Oct 10, '05 by menolly_33hello all, new to this sight, enjoying all the saying, and plan on using a few soon. One of my favorite to use - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Cuts thru a lot of burcaratic kaka at times.
- Oct 10, '05 by MetronA personal saying of mine - "Sometimes I feel like I've been let into the adult world without a hall pass"
-another (referring to my ADHD) I just don't have the same programs wired into my harddrive.
-A favorite quote from STAR WARS
"But Sir, no one worries about upsetting a droid."
"That's because droids don't pull peoples arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookies are known to do that."
"I see. I suggest a new strategy, R-2. Let the wookie win."
True intelligence is being able to discern the line between courage and stupidity.
- Oct 18, '05 by dinkymouse"If life is a bowl of cherries what am I doing in the pits" Erma Bombeck
- Oct 18, '05 by mtymomI had a T-Shirt once that said:
The Nurses day:
A needle in the butt, a tube down a nose, some poopy in a pan, so our day goes.
Don't know what ever happened to that T-Shirt but I loved the saying. It was typical.
- Oct 18, '05 by JamesdotterSarchasm--the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
- Nov 20, '05 by ojoernSome of my favorites:
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step,
You don't own anything that you can't carry on your back at a dead run.
Anywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.
Hope you enjoy,
- Nov 20, '05 by mebeafrnQuote from ZASHAGALKAY'all missed the best quote I've seen on here and don't know who to source it to: Being a good nurse is not always the same as being a good employee.
So well said..puts things in perspective when caring becomes a business and "positive financial contribution" becomes more the expectation than delivery of outstanding care. You made my day
- Nov 20, '05 by TheCommuter"You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same." - UNKNOWN
- Nov 20, '05 by mebeafrnNursing is calling to see if the physician would OK ordering some Ativan 0.5 -1 mg q 4 hrs prn agitation- yes, we will let the pt. have some too :-)