Older than dirt quiz - Page 7Register Today!
- Jul 23, '02 by maizeyWell, I got 24 out of 25 so guess my age is telling. I don't know what the Butch Wax is. Someone fill me in. Drive Inn movies were wonderful for the teenagers except we called them something else back then. Hi Annie.
- Jul 29, '02 by cactus wren25-25,well my son keeps telling me i`m older than dirt, guess that i am..........Butch wax was to keep crew cuts up to par, for da`s the boys used Brillcreme.......a little dab will do ys........!member? Remember cherry cokes at Woolworths ? mmmmnnnnnn..they were great. well this ancient one must now go get some shut eye before getting up at 5 am to face tomorrow,intubated pt, dip drip, dop and dob............such fun.........lol
- Jul 29, '02 by debralynnI got 17!!! Thats ok, I'm just proud I've made it this far!!!!!!!!
- Jul 29, '02 by JazzdogI use to love to stick my finger in the top of the delivered milk and lick off the cream. Mom would yell, of course, cause that was for her coffee. And you all know where little boys fingers had been.
Went to the drive-in past w/e. They telecast the stero sound through your FM dial. Sounds fantastic!
I remember the wash tub & ringer sitting down in the basement, but never seeing it used.
I'm older than dirt too.
- Jul 30, '02 by nurseratchett29I AM NOT OLD. I AM NOT OLD. I AM NOT OLD. I AM NOT OLD. I AM NOT OLD.I AM NOT OLD. I AM NOT OLD. I AM NOT OLD. I AM NOT OLD.
I will convince myself of this@!!!!!!!!! 17 Out of 25, My god, I'm ancient!!!!!!!!Even the ones that I never personally saw I have heard of.
- Jul 30, '02 by LasVegasRNWhew! 15. I was starting to get nervous...
- Aug 9, '02 by LVNurseEEGADS! I got 25.
I better go to bed!
(I always liked Clove gum better than blackjack)
Here's some more paths down mem'ry lane:
Glass IV bottles
enamel/stainless steel bedpans/urinals
(and collecting them to take to be washed a night?)
Glass syringes and sending needles back to c/s
re-wrapped,"sterilized" resp equipment (seems ewwww now)
when gloves were only for 'dirty jobs', ie; "code Brown"
thanks, I've enjoyed this.
- Aug 9, '02 by researchrabbitI always ask my patients "How young are you?" when I'm taking a history. They love it.
PS -- older than dirt here!
- Dec 2, '12 by NRSKarenRNJust found this gem ... last used a wringer washing machine in 1973 for Mom's fiberglass curtins.