No.......the Hospital is Not the InternetRegister Today!
- by tnbutterfly Apr 6I saw this and had to pass it on. Do you ever run into patients like this???
I am five feet, three inches tall and pleasingly plump. Recently, after I had a minor accident, my mother accompanied me to the emergency room.
The ER nurse asked for my height and weight, and I responded in a serious tone, "Five-foot-eight, 125 pounds."
While the nurse pondered this information, my mother leaned over to me ...
"Sweetheart," she gently chided, "this is not the Internet."
Do these people think we are blind????? LOLLast edit by tnbutterfly on Apr 7
- 3,946 Views
- Apr 7 by besaangellol thanks for sharing
- Apr 7 by RNSavingHeartsBahahahaha!! Oh yeah...on a daily basis!! LMAO!!
- Apr 7 by natnat122LMAOooooooo
- Apr 8 by amygarsidethanks for sharing!
- Apr 8 by eatmysoxRNI don't even think about it sometimes. Especially when I get an admission at 4 am. I usually use the bed scale if available but I'm terrible at estimating weight so someone could tell me 50 pounds less and I probably wouldn't catch it.
~ No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent -Eleanor Roosevelt ~
- Apr 8 by T-Bird78It cracks me up when I'm bringing new pts to the exam room and I ask their height/weight. I'm 63" tall. The women ALWAYS claim the extra half-inch of height, but the funniest ones are the ones wearing 3" heels, look me square in the eye while standing, and say "I'm five-seven." I've asked more than one what their height is WITHOUT the heels. And for weight? I'll ask their accurate weight, not what their driver's license says, or offer the scale, and more than one has grabbed the chart and written it down so they wouldn't have to say it out loud with their husband sitting there.
- Apr 8 by itsnoworneverTry asking a pregnant person what they weigh! "I dont remember"...Liar liar pants on fire! They weigh you at every visit and I KNOW you remember, it's seared in your brain! Usually I say something about 20lbs more than what I estimate and they give me an accurate weight. LOL