October RN Residency at Washington Hospital CenterRegister Today!
This is a discussion on October RN Residency at Washington Hospital Center in Nursing First Job Hunt Assistance, part of Nursing Career Advice ... Has anyone been contacted/ interviewed for the October class of the RN Residency at Washington...by dcnewgrad Aug 30, '12Has anyone been contacted/ interviewed for the October class of the RN Residency at Washington Hospital Center in DC? I received an email from an HR lady asking me if I was interested in the October class, if I had moved to DC and if I had my DC license. I replied back yes, yes and yes. This was August 9th and I haven't heard anything yet! I want to follow up or go in in person but they pretty much say in their email "don't call up, we'll call you".
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=779357©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,078 Views
- Sep 6, '12 by 1FANCYRNdear dcnewgrad
I received the same email, and got 2 more emails after that before they asked to interview me. I wouldn't respond yes yes yes because I did that and got no response. I sent another response to the email, that was very professional I answered her questions in paragraph form and I got a better turn around. I would keep emailing, the program starts october 22, 2012 and my interview is next week, so maybe there are some spots still available!
I hope this works
- Sep 8, '12 by elBSNI too received the e-mails. It did not take long to receive a call to interview, but this does not mean you should worry! They accept a large number of new grads and it takes time to get back to everyone. I too responded in a professional detailed fashion. Make sure you answer all questions fully (it took me reading the e-mail twice to see that one question had two parts to it). Good luck!
- Sep 10, '12 by dcnewgradThanks for the responses! And I was just saying "yes yes yes" for brevity . I responded with a professional, detailed email. And I emailed her again to check up! I'm thinking I should call, just have to figure out what to say. Good luck to you guys!
- Sep 12, '12 by NurseMoiGood luck to all of you. An RN Residency sounds wonderful.
- Sep 16, '12 by dcnewgradUPDATE: I finally got someone to get back to me and she pretty much said that due to the number of applicants they are only considering BSN's, even though the minimum requirement is an ADN. So much for that!
- Sep 19, '12 by grady88How did you finally get in touch with someone? I applied and haven't heard anything back after the e-mail. I am a BSN and don't want to pester them, but am really looking for some sort of answer!! Also for those of you who got interviews, how soon after you applied did you get the interview?
- Sep 21, '12 by One2RNvy08Quote from grady88I have applied for this position since April...once i finally moved to the area I tried again and my last time was last Friday...I got the same email i always received that Saturday and responded better than I had before. Wednesday i got a call, and I had an interview today. I guess it depends on who is pulling the application. The person who emailed me and asked the questions was a nurse recruiter but not the same one I spoke with and saw today. I would email again if I were you. Just so you know.How did you finally get in touch with someone? I applied and haven't heard anything back after the e-mail. I am a BSN and don't want to pester them, but am really looking for some sort of answer!! Also for those of you who got interviews, how soon after you applied did you get the interview?
- Sep 25, '12 by One2RNvy08Got a call today! I will see you all in October! Medinice/Stroke unit! Thank u Lord! Good luck to those who are interviewing or waiting for an offer!