New Grad following up on an applicationRegister Today!
- by FilledWLove Jul 23, '12Hi all!
I found the new grad position of my dreams! I applied and the status of my application is "Application forwarded to Manager". What should be the next step on my part? Should I call? If so, what should I say exactly? I'm sort of lost when it comes to this step and I don't want to mess it up or make a mistake. I also heard calling can be annoying.. Is this true? Should I wait it out until they call me? It's been about 2 weeks.
- Jul 23, '12 by RoMoFoIf it were me, I would call and say that I simply wanted to check the status of my application and kind of introduce myself (hopefully they like you and want to see you in person!) Some places prefer for you not to call and some but not all specify to not call the hiring manager. For your specific facility, I am not sure but its really up to you and if you feel comfortable enough to call and follow up.
- Jul 24, '12 by katinmeFollow up. Always follow up, unless it specifically says do not call. It says that you are interested and engaged. It might be irritating to the human resource people to have people follow back, but frankly that is their job and they are the gateway to your getting your job. Forget about what they might think and go get it!
- Jul 24, '12 by DespareuxWho would you call? The recruiter or manager?
- Jul 24, '12 by RoMoFoI would call whoever you interviewed with...most places the manager lets HR know who they want to hire and speaking directly to the person you interviewed with might get you some answers versus playing the run around or getting vague info from the recruiter or HR
- Jul 24, '12 by DespareuxQuote from RoMoFoI was under the impression the Op had not interviewed for the position yet and only the resume had been forwarded. In this case, who would the Op call?I would call whoever you interviewed with...most places the manager lets HR know who they want to hire and speaking directly to the person you interviewed with might get you some answers versus playing the run around or getting vague info from the recruiter or HR
- Jul 24, '12 by RoMoFoOh I must have jumbled up another post i read in my head or something. Um if there has been no interview, I think its best to call HR and see what the status is and if they have begun to interview for the position. Sometimes they give you the run around and its just difficult to get any info out of them but its definitely worth a try.
- Jul 24, '12 by katinmeAgreed- HR first.
- Jul 24, '12 by FilledWLoveThank you guys so much for the advice!! I truly appreciate it . I will call first thing in the morning.