LTC job as a new nurse gradRegister Today!
- by Cgc21 Aug 16, '12Has anybody here have worked in LTC facility ? How long do they give you training?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=772475©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 549 Views
- Aug 16, '12 by LindseyRN86Yes, I worked in LTC for 7+ years. It really depends on the facility. Some are really good and give you ample amount of time and others not so much. If you don't feel comfortable after your training ends you should let them know that you still need some extra time. Good luck!!
- Aug 17, '12 by Cgc21Tnx lindseyrn86. some give 10shifts only. Being a new grad I pray i could pick it up quick but i feel its too short for new grad however it they will give more time like you said to let them know if more time is needed.
- Aug 22, '12 by DevinNoelleI'm starting at a LTC next week as my first job as a LPN. They said orientation is one class day and 2 weeks of working on skills on the floor. This is for a government/county owned nursing home
- Aug 22, '12 by Cgc21All the best Devin. I got a job offer from LTC and will start my orientation on sept soon. Good luck to your new job