how to choose job offer, how to back out on your least option. how to choose job offer, how to back out on your least option. | allnurses

LEGAL NOTICE TO THE FOLLOWING ALLNURSES SUBSCRIBERS: Pixie.RN, JustBeachyNurse, monkeyhq, duskyjewel, and LadyFree28. An Order has been issued by the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota that affects you in the case EAST COAST TEST PREP LLC v. ALLNURSES.COM, INC. Click here for more information

how to choose job offer, how to back out on your least option.

  1. 0 HI all. I just moved here in the United States and I just have started my job search. So far I had applied to so many with only few feedbacks. And I need opinions with regards to making decisions since I'm just new here and I have no idea what to expect..

    Facility A took my resume and said she would talk to her administrator and will call tom for the interview. They offer a full time job with 23/hr. While in Facility B, I had a chance to be interviewed on the spot with the DON and asked me if I'm interested in a part time position. And I answered "yes" since I'm jobless and I think I'm not in the position to be choosy with this type of job market.. SO she told me I have to undergo a criminal background screening and when its done they will call me to talk about the rate and when should I have my orientation... Its basically like a 3 to 4 day wait. They actually started to file for the background check right away. So my question is, what if I got interviewed and hired with FACILITY A, is it okay for me to just tell FACILITY B that I wont be able to get the job anymore? And how will say that? What I'm scared about is, I told FACILITY B I'm still interested with the position regardless of it being just part time (like 2 days a week), so I'm not sure how to tell them that I will be choosing a Full time offer job with other facility over them? I know nothing is definite yet with FACILITY A but I just wanted to know what to do, just in case. I need help guys. Please. Thanks.
    Last edit by scarlet14 on Feb 27, '13 : Reason: spelling
  2. 4 Comments

  3. Visit  QuanaBSN profile page
    #1 1
    I'm going through the same situation. I just accepted a PT job today thats in retail just until I get my nursing job which I'm prayinggg it will be tomorrow because I have an interview. I accepted the retail position because its better than nothing. If A works better for you than B go for it. It should be understandable you have to do whats best for you. If you aren't signing a contract I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck!! It will all work out in the end.
  4. Visit  scarlet14 profile page
    #2 0
    Thank you QuanaBSN. I havent signed any contract (as far as I know). All I did signed is an application forms and consent to do a criminal background check. Well I do hope we all get our dream jobs in the future. Good luck to you too!
  5. Visit  Cb1985 profile page
    #3 1
    Yes take the job A, just let Facility B know that your are grateful for the offer but have been offered something that suits you better , don't burn any bridges keep it honest and they will understand.. good luck
  6. Visit  scarlet14 profile page
    #4 0
    Thanks, Cb1985!