Frustrated New grad RN, cant find a job, HELP in Dallas, TX! - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 30, '12 by omotzuryooh really??? right now i am very open and will take any job i can lay my hands on. But i thought most travel agencies will not take you unless one has a year of experience in a particular area, i am a new grad with no experience, if this correlates with what you are saying, i would really appreciate you PMing me and giving me more info about this. Thanks so much and really appreciate the input.
- Jul 31, '12 by moncj66Glad to know im not the only one! Im trying to relocate to dallas and can't even get one interview, while my friends that are relocating to san antonio and even austin are getting jobs. I didn't know dallas was more competitive than houston!
- Aug 7, '12 by RN4LI am in the same situation, I graduated in May with a BSN and am still looking. Something will come up soon!
- Aug 15, '12 by RN4L@omotzury, Did you end up finding anything yet? I am still looking but I am open to anything right now...
- Aug 15, '12 by omotzuryNo i have not, have yo tried applying to parkland? i have an ADN and i have applied to literarily all parkland positions but i have not got one single call or interview, but being that you have a BSN, i have heard that they love BSN's, so try and apply.
For me, i am starting next week with an home care called MGA, they are in Plano Texas and they are willing to train me. Just something to get my foot in the door and and RN with experience, the sky is the limit, but an RN with no experience, its been kinda though and you have a BSN, so you have a better chance. I wish you good luck, we all need that don't we now.
- Aug 18, '12 by RN4LYeah I applied to a bunch of parkland jobs too, but I have heard hundreds of people apply for those jobs. Congrats on the job, I am sure you are sick of job hunting haha, it gets really old
- Aug 18, '12 by omotzuryare you kidding me? i am just ready to start working and getting busy. Job hunting is a full tome job itself without pay so you bet i am so readyyyyyyyyyyy lol
- Aug 18, '12 by panpanThat's weird that you are having trouble finding job, my friend is from another state and shes a new grad without hosp working experience. She applied to Methodist in dallas, and right away they called her for a position in ICU about a week ago. she has BSN though.
- Aug 20, '12 by not.done.yetIt isn't weird that the poster is having trouble finding work here in DFW. More accurately it is weird that Methodist would go with an out-of-state candidate when so many who live right here are crawling over one another looking for work.