Love to Teach - Masters?Register Today!
- by carriebarton59 Sep 24, '12Hi,
Hopefully someone out there has some suggestions. I love to teach!
Background: I'm an RN -Psych Nurse. Have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. Have completed all prerequisites for a BSN - A&P I&II, Microbiology, Statistics, Chemistry, Nutrition etc.
Goal: To earn a Master's Degree in Nursing Education and in Psych. Would like to be an Instructor at a nursing school and continue to work part time as a Psych Nurse. Willing to do it online or to relocate to anywhere in the US. Any suggestions?
Thank you so much for your suggestions.
- Sep 24, '12 by a016202I just finished my Master's in Nursing Education. First, you'll need to complete your BSN (unless you are doing some kind of bridge program). I got my BSN from Indiana University (IU) and my MSN from Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU). The MSN was online with a teaching clinical you must complete at a local university and online. I taught Community Health at IWU and an online Nursing Research class (again at IWU). You will also complete a thesis.
I immediately found an adjunct position at a local 2-year college. I also have a job at a pharma company as a research nurse.
The MSN curriculum was tough and very time consuming but I completed on time in 22 months. As always, make sure your school is properly accredited (CCNE for MSN and NLN for BSN). Accreditation means everything.
- Sep 24, '12 by lepewI did my MSN through Walden. Did a specialization in nursing education. Took me 2 years. No thesis- just a project. Not bad at all
- Sep 26, '12 by carriebarton59Thank you so much! Is anyone familiar with "stipends" that some schools are offering?
- Sep 26, '12 by lepewSome offer based on faculty needs. If they are having problems recruiting faculty they may offer a stipend