To be or not to be a nurse...Register Today!
- by Nightingalewannabe Oct 21, '10My mother and other family members, who are nurses, are really trying to discourage me from nursing. They say the work is too hard, demanding, drama filled and other adjectives that I canít think of at the moment. They do love their jobs, but if they were to do it again they would have become occupational, physical, or speech therapist. And because of my current major they also suggest I go for a MPH.
Personal, I want to be a nurse. What do you guys think?
- Oct 21, '10 by mathwizardIf you have the desire to do something do it and dont look back! If you are looking for the easiest or highest paying profession dont do nursing! If you sincerely felt the need to help people even when it goes unappreciated most of the time and dont have any expectations other than a personal feeling of making the world a better place then Nursing is your calling! Good luck its your life choose wisely.
- Oct 23, '10 by Bortaz, RNDo what you want to do. You're grown.
- Oct 24, '10 by TheCommuterMoved to the Nursing Career Advice forum.
- Oct 24, '10 by Blackcat99Remember that your family loves you and wants what is best for you.:heartbeat However,If you want to live a life of misery and stress go ahead then and become a nurse.