old boss just calledRegister Today!
- by jwkwildland Feb 21, '12Im going into nursing, Just finished my CNA cert. Im pretty sure Im just venting, but input would be good. My old fire boss just called and offered me a student position, that isn't even open yet. no prompting, just called and offered. we dont even get along that well, but I love the crew, and if you ever fought fires you would know the jobs attraction.
I would be working with EMT's if/when hardship shows its dingy face, and and its not absolutely necessary for me to BE a CNA (from what I have gathered) to get into a nursing program.
Should I accept the job offer? Would I regret it?
- Feb 21, '12 by VivaLasViejasI'd be all over it, if I were you. Working with EMTs will get you some hands-on experience you won't get anywhere else, and if you love it.....why would you regret it?
- Feb 22, '12 by not.done.yetDon't even think twice. Take it. It could be the difference between getting a job after you graduate or not.
- Feb 22, '12 by cayenne06Take it! I can't think of why you would possibly regret it, unless your boss is a total jackhole. Even then, it is great experience and could be your ticket to a job after school.
- Feb 23, '12 by caliotter3Agree with the others on this one. How pleasant to read of a former boss that thinks so highly of a former employee.
- Mar 3, '12 by ClearBlueOctoberSkyI think the question I would want to know, before I give any advice is "What kind of "student" position?" That and which agency, only because I am nosey.