OutSourcing of Medical records and X-RaysRegister Today!
- by alatta58 Aug 27, '04Fellow Nurses-Recently viewed an article in USA Today. Topic was how several clinics here in the USA have recently have been outsourcing their (or yours) X-Rays to India for Interpertation -via the internet--and then sending them back via same route. I don't know about you-I want my Xrays read here in the USA--:angryfire not in a 3rd world country. And what about privacy concerns?? And what will be outsourced next. Ask your Doc. WHO is going to interpet your next set of X-Rays?? Outsourcing has went to far on this one! Review your Political Candidates Views on outsourcing and vote accordingly. Mike
- Aug 27, '04 by rnmi2004I'm wondering what legal recourse, if any, a patient would have if someone in India misinterpreted an x-ray and the patient received improper tx as a result.
- Aug 27, '04 by susannaI heard about this a while ago. It must have been going on for a while.
From the way I see it, well, Radiologists don't really see their patients at all, I don't think. So, for me, in that case, it doesn't matter if my x-rays are sent downstairs or to India because in either case, I don't get to talk to the radiologist and the doc is under the same privacy rules and I think a doc in India can be as competent as a doc in the US.
As to the outsourcing issues in the US and paying people less money to do the same jobs only to profit the upper few of the American population, I have a whole nother set of opinions about that.
- Aug 27, '04 by oramarThere were two cases where employees of outsourcing companies in India tried to extort money from hospitals by threatening to publishing medical information. I am totally against outsourcing of private medical information.
- Aug 28, '04 by alatta58Quote from oramarHi-Im too! Legally I am noy sure what can be done about it. They(many tax preparers) are also outsourcing income tax returns-so I would think the us companys feet should be held to the fire in court. I cancelled two accounts recently when I got a call center in India and went companies that hire americans. I have seen the devastating effects of outsourcing so I am pro-american worker. MIke God Bless the USAThere were two cases where employees of outsourcing companies in India tried to extort money from hospitals by threatening to publishing medical information. I am totally against outsourcing of private medical information.