A Guide to Nursing Specialties - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 17, '12 by StudentNurseCJVSoo many specialties and sub specialties! Critical care in itself has so much more sub specialties. Can someone list off all the ICUs?
- Oct 18, '12 by griffinchetQuote from StudentNurseCJVI wouldn't describe PACU as being critical care, although individuals have the possibility of going critical. PACU is more of a OR/Peri-Operative specialty.U gotta word it out
CTU - Cardio-Thoracic Unit
PACU is critical care too right?
CTU- Still not technically deemed a ICU.
- Oct 18, '12 by MeriwhenA correction: you can become board certified (RN-BC) in psych-mental health nursing. Ask me how I know
In addition, there are other psych certifications that can be obtained depending on what area inside of psych that you want to specialize in.
- Oct 26, '12 by JustBeachyNurseSeems there are quite a few specialties missing from this infographic and some missing information. I think I've seen a better one from a non-for-profit public school....
- Oct 26, '12 by xoemmylouoxIt's a decent start, but it is missing a lot.
- Oct 26, '12 by elkparkThe information posted about psychiatric nursing is inaccurate (additional education (beyond RN licensure) is not "required"), and rehabilitation nursing certification has nothing to do with psych nursing.