TPAPN Extended Evaluation Program- HELP!!! Drug screen during work hours?!?Register Today!
- by tpapnEEP-RN Jun 3, '12Hi everyone,
I am a acute dialysis nurse in Houston, TX that has been referred by TX BON to join TPAPNs step down program of Extended Evaluation Program for a positive pre-employment drug screen I took June 2011.
Extended Evaluation Program requires 18 minimum random drug screens within a 12 month period. No AA or therapy meetings like TPAPN. No work restrictions and totally confidential if compliant.
I have questions for anyone in this program or in TPAPN.
I work as a acute dialysis nurse. My hours varies from 6am-10pm.
- What happens if I selected for my random drug screen on a day that I work?
I can always leave during lunch to go do my drug screen but I want to avoid that so my employer does not find out about my situation.
- Are there any 24 hour collections anywhere in Houston?
Thanks for any help!
- 4,423 Views
- Jun 3, '12 by Silverdragon102Moved to the Nurses / Recovery forum
- Jun 4, '12 by TXRN2some places offer after hours screens-but they cost more ($75) you have to wait on them.
- Jun 5, '12 by tpapnEEP-RNAre involved in TPAPN or EEP?
What after hours places are you speaking of?
- Jun 6, '12 by TXRN2when i was in TPAPN, just finished last year- & drug screens were through FirstLab/LabCorp- one of the places i could use had an after hours on call person- i used it once, called them- had to wait for the on call person- & like i said is cost $75 more for the test. you can find this out by calling the places you can go & asking them if they do after hours testing. good luck!!
- Sep 4, '12 by cdf77414How did you get in the EEP program. I just went to rehab for alcohol problems on my own, nothing to do with work. I'm thinking i need to self report to tpapn? Any advise....
- Sep 8, '12 by tpapnEEP-RNDONT DO IT!!!
do your best on rehab and AA meetings but DO NOT report yourself.
there are too many cons too TPAPN from just reading about others experience even though it is possible to get through it
i got into the EEP program because i was not practicing nursing at the moment of positive drug screen so i did not have to enter TPAPN.
i am currently in good standings with EEP but just got a DWI last friday..im expectiing to being ordered to TPAPN when i renew my license in may and BON finds out about my DWI =/
- Sep 8, '12 by tpapnEEP-RNif your alcohol problem is enough to get in the way of your nursing work, your peers will see it and refer you..but if that hasnt happen yet, do your best rehabing your self through community AA and other programs
- Sep 8, '12 by TXRN2@cdf77414- i agree that if you sought out treatment on your own- & there was no work involvement, i see no reason for you to self report to TPAPN. it certainly does open a whole other can of worms- that will go on for at least 2 years. however, as was addressed on another thread- when it comes time for you license renewal, i don't know what you would do about that certain question about alcohol/drug use-treatment.