TPAPN Drug Testing and Work Hours - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 23 by Callahan, RNYes, that is correct. Texas has the Extended Evaluation Program which is only between the nurse and the BON. It is one year of random drug screens.
- Feb 24 by sissiesmamaWow! I wish Louisiana had that when I was in the program. No help for u as far as doing the drug screen while working but hope u can figure out something.
- Feb 25 by Callahan, RNI am very thankful that TX has that option!
- Mar 3 by UmberleeAre you limited to having to test through only one company? I'm in a rather small town and when I signed up I was given a list of local "pee places" and most had after-hours services. The place I've been going for years has M-F office hours but they also have someone on-call for testing after automobile accidents or other emergency situations and same goes for any sample for someone who just can't get in during office hours. It costs an extra $25 for an after-hours sample but it's obviously worth the peace of mind!
- Mar 3 by Callahan, RNWell, I know that I can test at Any Lab Test Now in addition to Quest, but I talked to my rep at RecoveryTrek and she said that none of them do after hours testing. I think I will call the individual facilities and see what they have to say about testing after hours. Thanks for the idea!Last edit by Callahan, RN on Mar 3 : Reason: typo