Seeking other student nurses in recoveryRegister Today!
- by 3perfectcats Jul 13, '08My name is Mary and I am an addict/alcoholic. I am starting nursing school in Sept. and would like to buddy up with other students who are also in recovery. I am also seeking some good on line recovery meetings. I live in a very small town and I find that the subjects discussed in recovery meetings tend to become topic of general gossip. I do not feel safe discussing issues within these groups and do not want to blemish my new carrer even before it starts. I really feel a need to talk with people with similar substance abuse histories. I hope you guys can help
- Jul 14, '08 by Silverdragon102Welcome Mary and I hope you find the support you are looking for. Good luck
- Jul 16, '08 by EquestrienneHi Mary, I want you to know you are definitly not alone. I am an addict and live in a small town too, and I avoid meetings here like the plague because of the gossip factor and impending nursing school. I can't give you advice about on-line metgs. but I did find the online Women for Sobriety group helpful in early recovery.
If you need another buddy please let me know:heartbeat and congrats on nursing school, you will be terrific.
- Oh thank God there are others here in the same place! If possible, I'd like to form a little group of recovering students where we can talk about stuff and just have others who understand what things are like. I am new to this forum so I have no idea about how to send private message or anything of that sort. Is it ok if I just post my e-mail address? I think we can really be of help to each other and it would be fun to get to know other students. Thank you so very much for answering my posting, I was feeling very alone.
- I guess this is a dumb question, but how do I pm someone? I'm really new to this forum as you can tell. Thank you for your time and willingness to help.
- Jul 18, '08 by Silverdragon102You can't send pm or email until you have 15 posts to your name and terms of service does not allow posting of email addresses in threads. You can read pm's if they are sent to you
- Thank you for clarifying this for me. I guess I better get posting away and reread the terms of service.
- Jul 21, '08 by *tattooed~princess*HELLO! I am an addict in recovery and I'm also a pre-nursing student. Took English 1010 this summer and will be in A&P1 and Psych in the Fall. I love my home group but also know what it's like to not have a place to be able to speak openly and have someone understand. I'm glad to lend an ear and be available for anyone else in these shoes!