need advice

  1. I need some advice as soon as possible to make my "worst case scenario" less worse basically. I just got home from a meeting with my manager regarding med discrepancies. I am suspended 5 days and was asked to agree to a urine drug test. they said if clean everything would be fine after the 5 days off, if it came back positive i would be terminated and it would be reported to state.
    I immediately agreed to the test on the spot and took it, completely forgetting about something I had taken (not work related) yesterday. Now that I'm home im in a complete panic.

    I'm debating about quitting right now before anything goes farther. If I called and resigned right now would I still be report to the state? I know theres a lot of pros and cons to each option, but I feel like my I can find a job somewhere else a lot easier than suffering the consequences of being reported to the state? Any suggestions or advice? I feel like i've thrown everything away over one mistake at work and another bad decision yesterday
  2. Visit luckyxoclover profile page

    About luckyxoclover

    Joined: May '08; Posts: 1


  3. by   HunnieBadger
    Pretty sure your manager is obligated to report you, not that it helps any. You could've always refused to give urine, or maybe the test will come back clean? At this point you'd be best to just roll with it and see what happens. Walking away now would seem suspicious to me and more reason to investigate just my $0.02

    Best of luck!
  4. by   MichelleRN34
    Same thing happened to me...mine came back positive..surrendered my license longer then a year...fought 6 months to get a probationary license back. I am now six months into working on a probationary license. Six months left... If you refuse the drug test they treat you as it was positive any ways.. If u resign they will still report you.
  5. by   jadelpn
    Is what you took a prescription that you have? If it is, then I am not sure what that would mean, other than it was something that you took that was prescribed to you.

    If what you took was not something that was prescribed to you, recreational in nature, then that is something else entirely.

    If you diverted, then I would most certainly speak to an attorney to see what your options are.