Help me please!Register Today!
- by olchrustyone Jan 3I am being ordered by the Texas Board of Nursing to undergo a chemical dependency evaluation after submitting a declaratory order packet. I called (MODERATOR EDIT OF NAME: PLEASE DO NOT POST NAMES OF INDIVIDUALS ON THE BOARDS PER TERMS OF SERVICE) and his secretary assured me that he was not biased and rarely went against the patient to receive their license. I'm still extremely nervous because this evaluation will determine if I can even get into clinicals and I have been working my butt off. My offense was 6 years ago. I haven't used since, but I'm scared they will be looking for any fault they can find. I have saved the 1500 for the evaluation and I can't afford an attorney because I'm a single mom and student. Can anyone please give me a clue to what my chances may be!!!Last edit by sirI on Jan 3
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805803©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,800 Views
- $1500 for an evaluation?!?? Mine was $100 in the DFW area. Did you do it yet??
- Sorry, posted twice!Last edit by Callahan, RN on Jan 14 : Reason: oops
- Jan 14 by olchrustyoneOmg where was it 100? I haven't done it yet and I really could save the money. I'm so poor.
- Dallas. The chem dependency evaluator I went to was/is on the TXBON preferred list. Who the heck was going to charge you $1500? Someone in Dallas?
- Jan 15 by olchrustyoneNope I called one in Houston and one in Waco and they were both 1500. Well one was 1450. Did you have insurance??
- Jan 15 by Callahan, RNNo, I didn't use insurance (didn't have insurance at the time). I went to my evaluator in Dallas, paid $100 cash and that was the end of it. I don't have my list anymore, but I called all of the TXBON approved evaluators in the DFW area and I know I talked to at least two who only charge $100. I called one who charges $800, but that was b/c he does a full psych plus chemical dependency evaluation. He is also either a MD or a PhD, and they charge more. My evaluator is an RN, LPC.
- Jan 16 by olchrustyoneI'm going to call around and see what I can find out. I found the one that charges 800 but he was in Richardson, TX. Thanks for the input. How was your outcome? What was evaluation like?
- Jan 17 by Callahan, RNYes, Richardson! He was the most expensive one I called. My evaluation was really laid back and didn't take more than an hour. It was a truly unbiased evaluation. I was so afraid to have this done b/c I was sure that anyone I chose off the BON preferred list would "find" something wrong with me so they could order me into TPAPN. I was found to not have a substance abuse problem, so it turned out great!
- Jan 19 by olchrustyoneAwesome. I've been super nervous about mine. Every where I call they say it is an all day thing. I'm ready to get it over with. Thanks again.