Just Migrated In The U.S And Don't Know Where To StartRegister Today!
- by spicyemy0514 Feb 26Hi. I just moved here in Virginia. I'm from the Philippines and graduated BSN In 2010. However I'm not a registered nurse yet. I'm looking for information on how i can apply for NCLEX-RN. I also want to take a refresher course since I graduated almost 3 years ago and had worked in a different field. Do u know any schools/institutions that offer refresher courses? I really want to take a refresher course to prepare for the board exam. I hope everyone can help me with this. Looking forward with your replies I've been researching a lot however I also want to learn from people who had a similar experience as mine. Thank You
- 1,616 Views
- Feb 26 by Silverdragon102Starting point would be looking at the state BON and see what requirements they have for International Educated Nurse. Links can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Feb 27 by spicyemy0514Quote from Silverdragon102Thank You For The Quick Reply. I Sent An Email To Virginia BON And They Asked Me To Contact CGFNS. They Also Require English Proficiency Exam Which I Guess Is The TOEFL. Am I Right? But Before I Apply For Taking The Exam, I Want To Prepare Myself By Enrolling To Refresher Courses Or Going To A Review Center. Does CGFNS Offers Refresher Courses Or Recommend Review Centers? Or Do U Have A Recommendation Yourself?Starting point would be looking at the state BON and see what requirements they have for International Educated Nurse. Links can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Feb 27 by Silverdragon102Some refresher courses will not accept you unless you have a RN license. CGFNS do not offer courses like this
- Feb 27 by spicyemy0514That's A Bum I Guess I'll Rely On Self-Review. Or Free Online Classes. Do U Know Any Resources Or Websites?
- Feb 27 by perioddramaThere are a ton of sites. Either search this forum or use a search engine on the Internet - Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
- Feb 28 by spicyemy0514Quote from perioddramaHaha. Yea I Know That But Since There Are TONS Im Looking For The Best Review Resources Or Online Classes Website. From The People Who Took The Exam Already Or Who Are Preparing Like Myself. Anyhooo, Thanks For Replying I'll Search More On This Forum And Previous Topics.There are a ton of sites. Either search this forum or use a search engine on the Internet - Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.