how can i apply for NCLEX without taking CGFNS - page 3
Hello. Good day. :clown: i'm Sheena. i am a BSN graduate from foreign nursing school(Philippines). i came here in US 3 months ago. I am not yet licensed in the Phil. And now i realized i have to take the NCLEX as soon as... Read More
- 0Hi there, I'm purple_angel unfortunately I forgot my password and email add from that acct. so this is my new one. I made a lot of research already on how to take the nclex without my local license and I gave up recently because even in NM they also required the local board the good thing is they will not ask for CGFNS. I'm so desperate with this nclex thingy that I really need to go back to PI to take the local board that's the only option I had right now. Pls. message me guys if any of you can find ways to take the nclex without the local license.
- 0Nov 11, '11 by nurserain01hello!i think you should contact your BON (where you seek for licensure) and ask them if they require foreign graduate nurses to be licensed on their country of origin and you can take it from there. I also had the same case (as a filipino graduate) but i took my NLE and passed.I went here in the U.S as an immigrant and took the NLCEX-RN Cali and also passed. Now im on the process of transferring my license to R.I (Long Story) and as one of the BON's requirement is the CGFNS-CES (Credential Evaluation Services) because im a foreign graduate. I went straight to the CGFNS website and checked the CES order.Honestly, i got stressed because they were asking for my local license number and unfortunately it just got expired this yr.I was totally confused and even posted tons of threads for this concern. I followed what other nurses advised me to do and studied the whole process well (reading every single detail and endless phone calls).i decided to call the BON of RI and asked them if they require the local license.Thank God the representative told me that for as long as i already have my license in Cali as an RN everything is all set. I also submitted a copy of my philippines RN license in cali during the NCLEX application.And according to them, Cali-BON would be the one responsible to give them the necessary information with regards to my RN licenses. Just wanna share what i experienced and i hope somehow it may help you in any way.
- 0Mar 12, '12 by dsingson5Hi nursing experts,
Does the Massachusetts BON require a license from the foreign country from which I graduated? I am a permanent resident looking to work in Boston. I'm in SF California right now.
And if not, which of the CGFNS certification would be suitable for me? Lastly, would who know how long would the whole process take? Thank you very much.
- 0Sep 1, '13 by KirstineHi! I am a registered nurse in Philippines and will be living to kentucky 6-7 months from now. Is it possible not to take cgfns or passed the visa screen if my visa basis is spousal visa? Wherein kentucky ,they need to pass a visa screen certificate for me to take cgfns or nclex. Please help I am so confuse right now! Thank you!
- 0Sep 1, '13 by Silverdragon102, RN AdminQuote from KirstineIf the BON require it then you have to go through the process. It all has to do with where you trained not how you got to live and work in the US? VSC requires a pass in NCLEX or CGFNS examHi! I am a registered nurse in Philippines and will be living to kentucky 6-7 months from now. Is it possible not to take cgfns or passed the visa screen if my visa basis is spousal visa? Wherein kentucky ,they need to pass a visa screen certificate for me to take cgfns or nclex. Please help I am so confuse right now! Thank you!