HELP: Illinois RN ApplicationRegister Today!
- by ArtisticNurse May 30, '12Hello, everyone! I am a foreign graduate RN from the Philippines but am now permanently residing in IN, USA. I am currently applying for an RN license in IL. However, I do need some help regarding filling the forms out.
Here are some quick facts about me:
- I am married to a US citizen and residing in Northern Indiana (1 to 1.5 hours away from Chicago)
- The reasons why I am applying to IL instead of IN are:
- I intend to be licensed in both anyway and I compared the prices and it's considerably cheaper and faster to initially be licensed in IL first and then endorse to IN.
- I need 2 exams in IN--CGFNS exam and NCLEX
- I am a foreign graduate of a BSN and hold a foreign license as an RN
- I have formerly used CGFNS' CES service for a previous application in another state.
- They have verified my license from PRC (licensing authority in the Philippines)
- They have verified my education as well (high school & college)
Here is the link to the written application, in reference to some of my questions below.
Here are my questions:
- I see from IDFPR that we have 2 options to apply--Written & Online Application. I tried filling out the Online first because of the convenience of paying via credit card. However, when I reached the last page for submission, I checked my application by reading the pdf generated from the online form. There are several inconsistencies with the instructions (for example, instead of Registered Nurse for the Profession Name, it says Professional Nurse) and how it was inputed (texts are cut off in the text boxes). Also, it only generated the 4-page application form.
- Which method should I file with?
- If Online, does that mean that I have to mail the other forms such as the CT-NUR and ED-NUR separately?
- With the Online PDF preview being incorrect and info are cut off, do they receive it this way or is it saved on their system differently?
- If Written, is the only way to pay for the application via check? Is there another way to do so (credit card, wire transfer, etc)?
- If Written, is it okay to be handwritten or does it have to be filled out with Adobe Acrobat?
As mentioned above in my quick facts, I already have a CES report from CGFNS. They also have copies of my Philippine license and educational documents.
- How do I go about CT-NUR and ED-NUR?
- Can I just request the CGFNS Education Records service? (CGFNS would send a verified copy of my transcripts and licenses)
- Can CGFNS fill out those forms in lieu of my university and PRC (both located in the Philippines)?
PART I, A, #4 in the application form, is the fee to be written there only for the CTS ($91) or the total of CTS and NCLEX ($291)? (both are in their reference sheet)
PART III, #1 regarding Number of Years of Elementary and High School education, is it 10 years (Grades 1-6 and Years 1-4 High school)? Does elementary include Kindergarten and Preparatory schooling?
PART III, #7 What do they mean by Specialized Training?
- Does this include duty hours in affiliated institutions while in university?
- How about seminars and/or Continuing Education credits?
PART IV Record of Licensure Information, it says 'state', does that mean I do not need to put my RN license from the Philippines or do I still need to?
That is all for now! Thank you very much everyone!
- 3,092 Views
- Jun 1, '12 by traumaRUsI think you are going to need to contact the IL Dept of Professional Regulation office for these very specific questions.
- Jun 9, '12 by ArtisticNurseTakes a while to get hold of them :/
Luckily, I've been able to read along the forums and have some of these questions answered.
- Jun 21, '12 by apolinariohi yamkins,
how did you send the validatin of license as required by CGFNS to PRC? can u tell me step by step process, tnx
- Jun 21, '12 by ArtisticNursehi apolinario!
I did mine back in 2008 when I was still in the Philippines so it's a lot easier (if you're in the US now).
You have to fill out the first part of a form from the CGFNS: Validation of License. The rest of it has to be filled out by PRC. Bring this to PRC and then PRC is going to send it directly to CGFNS. If you're in the US, mail it to a representative/relative and they have to go to PRC for you.
As I remember correctly, PRC (windows 1 or 2 before...just ask where they process license validation) gives you a form (yellow?) to fill out info in. And of course, they make you pay for processing fee. (Php75.00/copy)
Check this out, I think this is what you need: PRC Certification Form.
IMPORTANT: You must have your PRC license CARD already when you ask for verification, otherwise PRC won't process your application. Bring authorization letter if a representative (with ID) will process it for you. Bring a photocopy of your license card too.
Good luck! I hope this helps!
- Jun 21, '12 by ArtisticNursebtw, if you're going to do this, just to be sure...you might want to also include Illinois' CT-NUR form. It's also a license validation form. Some advised that we don't need it anymore since it's included in the CGFNS service. You wouldn't want to risk a delay though.
So, if you havent done that yet, print it out and fill it out. Submit it to PRC together with the CGFNS Validation Form.
- Jun 26, '12 by apolinariothank you soo much for your reply.
- Sep 20, '12 by RaiychQuote from yamkinsHi Yamkins,How will I get my Healthcare profession and science course by course? What will I tell my school? I don't know how to get it kinda mixed up. Hope you can help me how you got yours step by stp? Will the school mail it to them or Will I be one who'll donthat? Thank youhi apolinario!I did mine back in 2008 when I was still in the Philippines so it's a lot easier (if you're in the US now).You have to fill out the first part of a form from the CGFNS: Validation of License. The rest of it has to be filled out by PRC. Bring this to PRC and then PRC is going to send it directly to CGFNS. If you're in the US, mail it to a representative/relative and they have to go to PRC for you.As I remember correctly, PRC (windows 1 or 2 before...just ask where they process license validation) gives you a form (yellow?) to fill out info in. And of course, they make you pay for processing fee. (Php75.00/copy)Check this out, I think this is what you need: PRC Certification Form.IMPORTANT: You must have your PRC license CARD already when you ask for verification, otherwise PRC won't process your application. Bring authorization letter if a representative (with ID) will process it for you. Bring a photocopy of your license card too.Good luck! I hope this helps!
- Sep 20, '12 by ArtisticNurseHi, Raiych!
The Healthcare Profession course by course requirement is a CGFNS report. So, you would have to purchase it from CGFNS. CGFNS would have forms and instructions for you to fill out and follow (such as what to request from your school).
Read about it here:
For the step by step, let me post a new thread. Will give you the link in a minute.
- Sep 20, '12 by ArtisticNurseHere you go, Raiych: