CA BRN new requirements for NCLEX RN international students - page 61
I had already registered online in Pearson Vue but I think I'm not yet eligible to take the test. Is there an expiration date for my registration at PV? I received a letter from CA BON requesting for new requirements such as:... Read More
- 0Sep 8, '12 by jenkitsQuote from steppybay$700/unit. OB theory and clinical 5 units. Same with MS. 10units for both deficiencies.Thanks for the information, this is great, but at what cost do they want for the deficient courses? I'm more surprised at the "no waiting list". I know for just being a regular student, it's $$$$. I want to say like $30,000 per year plus books and supplies, add a few more $1,000's per year.
- 2Sep 8, '12 by steppybayQuote from jenkitsOk, thanks!$700/unit. OB theory and clinical 5 units. Same with MS. 10units for both deficiencies.
So figure about $7,000.00 plus whatever books and supplies are? A bit cheaper than National Univ, but worth it as there's no waiting list. They will probably require full payment before the start of attending? Just need to meet MSMC's other minimum requirements as you mentioned as well.
So then, I need to sell most of our village cows and the hen house with all the hens and eggs
- 0Sep 9, '12 by areesh23Quote from Tonebonesmaybe that person who took the exam had his/her cases concurrent with the theory? I also graduated just this april 2012 and I'm afraid I'll be denied by CABON because of my cases... TT^TTkudos to everyone! iam a 4th yr filam student from cali studying here in phil. 2 wks ago i've talked to the head of the registrar regarding issues about Cabon/NCLEX eligibility. Guess what? someone got approved this year to sat on NCLEX (batch 2012). the reality there's a chance. i believe it's a case to case basis some are denied and some are accepted.
- 0Sep 9, '12 by areesh23Quote from KurtRNI think not. Because even the nurses who have their license in the phils were not approved by the CABON due to their cases which aren't concurrent. But if you have concurrent cases with the theories, you shouldn't worry at all. BTW, congrats!! ) I'm batch 2012 as well, wasn't able to take NLE, left the country after I graduated,Greetings! I'm a 2012 BSN graduate from the Philippines and now residing here in California. I've recently submitted all the requirements stated by CA-BRN. Upon receiving and evaluating my application, will they automatically (without any doubt) ask for copies of my clinical cases? If so, should I mail the same cases I had submitted before to PRC prior to taking the NLE in the Phils? I took the Philippine board exam and by grace, passed it. Will it be an advantage?
- 0Sep 10, '12 by Tonebonesaccording to the head registrar all of his/her cases have been completed before graduation.the student was under the new nursing curriculum. 3 cases each unlike the old curriculum it was 5 for each exposure. it was 3 actual delivery, 3 cord care, 3 scrubs OR, 3 circulating all of it were completed on time. according to the dean and the registrar they were all having a tough time to some fil-am students that cases were not completed after their graduation...by the way i hope he/she passed the ca nclex.
- 0Sep 10, '12 by steppybayQuote from TonebonesThat's good news!according to the head registrar all of his/her cases have been completed before graduation.the student was under the new nursing curriculum. 3 cases each unlike the old curriculum it was 5 for each exposure. it was 3 actual delivery, 3 cord care, 3 scrubs OR, 3 circulating all of it were completed on time. according to the dean and the registrar they were all having a tough time to some fil-am students that cases were not completed after their graduation...by the way i hope he/she passed the ca nclex.
I'm guessing that since they shorten the case loads, that they didn't shorten the minimum requirements of the hours. But seeing how this one person got the okay to take the NCLEX, let's hope for the future students that they don't plan to reduce the needed hours as it will be something the CA BON may focus on.
I can see it now..."yes (CA BON), you're great on the concurrency standards, but now you're lacking in the minimum sufficient hours, application denied".
Our CHED, PRC and PNA might try to sqeeze this thru and again hurt us PH students. Keep an eye on this and inform your friends and contacts you know now attending Phils schools and colleges.
Sorry, I just don't trust the powers to be at the 3 PH agencies and if a school is able to go around the issues, look at what's already happening to us previous students and nurses.