Bridging programs for IENs in Canada

  1. 0
    Hi all, in trying to find out more on Info on SEC assessments and bridging program's to enable British trained nurses to gain a licence in Canada. Does anyone with first hand experience have any info they can share? I see from other posts at the majority of UK nurses are been asked to sit the SEC assessment pertaining to mental health and paediatrics, however has anyone been required to undertake a bridging program? What was required, I myself have a Bsc not higher diploma and I am really hoping this might edge it so I don't need to be assessed or undertake a bridging program but that could be naivety on my part

  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest, discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. 4 Comments...

  4. 0
    Moved to nurse registration as this refers to internationally educated nurses.
  5. 0
    You will need to be assessed.Everyone gets assesed, there is no way around that one.
  6. 0
    I have been reading on some forums that not every IEN is required to sit an SEC assessment?
  7. 0
    Which is a result from assessment from the college and as mentioned before a lot will go on what training was like and that Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and Adult was covered

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.