Advise please! Im in OZ now taking a course that will not lead me to PRRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Advise please! Im in OZ now taking a course that will not lead me to PR in Nurse Registration, part of World Nursing ... I am reposting it here, I first posted it on a wrong thread I am an RN in the Philippines with 1...by nursekat2013 Feb 12I am reposting it here, I first posted it on a wrong thread
I am an RN in the Philippines with 1 year clinical experience.
To make a long story short, My mom was referred to IDP by a friend and everything went so fast.
I took the IELTS and got 6.5 . DPI arranged everything for me, I'm enrolled in Cert III in aged-care and then Cert. IV. My student visa is good until Jan 2014.
Now that I'm here in OZ and started reading all the forums here and learning about BP, makes me feel so stupid. I felt that IDP just took our money for nothing. Did not even mention any other options for me. I cannot blame anybody except myself, for not doing my homework.
Since I am already here in OZ and my classes have started already I am trying to correct my mistake to take the correct route to PR.
Please let me know if what I'm thinking is even feasible.
- I am currently reviewing for IELTS and take in March and pray that I get 7.0 all around.
- Collect all the documents required by AHPRA and submit my application and hope I get an LOE.
- That I will be able to find BP school who will accept my 1 year experience and
- that I will be able to get another visa after many student visa expires. This is to avoid going back to the Philippines before taking the BP.I have read a lot of threads about BP schools and the length of time it usually take them to respond and then to be accepted. And then there is no guarantee that you will have a class right away.
- I can only wish and pray , that after I successfully finish my BP and get registered in AHPRA that I will find an employer who would sponsor me for PR.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
And what good can I get from taking this CERT. courses? I know I cant be sponsored for PR or work visa for being AIN
I am just so frustrated. I spent all this money and time for nothing.
Sorry for the vent..
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=815016©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 399 Views
- Feb 12 by canned_breadSorry, I am not to sure what BP means... Perhaps if I knew what that meant I could help. Either way, you are right that sponsorship as an AIN would not be feasible. I went to university to do my bachelor of nursing and we had a lot of international university students (Australian catholic uni has a LOT) and as long as you have the funding and the high IELTS score then they did well.
- Feb 12 by nursekat2013Hi @canned_bread Sorry , I mean Bridging Program , a requirement of Ahpra for Overseas trained nurses to be an RN in Oz
- Mar 16 by callista_05Hi, is it possible to work in a part time job while you're taking the Certificate IV course?
- Mar 16 by ceridwynI have been lead to believe immi are not giving out visa,s for anything less than bachelors degree these days
. To cut down on overseas students applying for the cheapest courses with no passion for the trade in the first place just taking chances that things will change and get a permanent visa.
What would be the point as a student at , legally, 20 hrs a week work, only and no job at the end.Last edit by ceridwyn on Mar 16