Which review course is the best???? - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 19, '10 by Blessedx3AANP is about 95 percent "exam room" type questions. ANCC is 50 percent theory, ethics, policy. (UGHH)
- Oct 19, '10 by Christen, ANPWhat Blessed said. I took the ANCC cuz you can count other thinks like precepted hours, studies, etc into account for your mandated 175 or whatever hours, and not just CME's like the AANP requires. Plus I'm better at answering fluf / scope of practice / ethical questions.
- Oct 19, '10 by buster4that I was not aware of the requirements for both for continuing ed.. there are so many little things.. about the testing, certifications.. that I just don't know..
- Oct 19, '10 by Christen, ANPLOL! You'll be okay, promise! Every 5 years you have to renew your licensure with both certifying bodies. They each have different requirements at the moment, and by the time your 5 years comes around, the requirements may not be what they are now, so you have to make sure to keep up with that.
- Oct 19, '10 by buster4thanks Christen and everyone for posting!!.. I appreciate everything.. Lords willing I will graduate in May, I was thinking I would take a review course in January and another one in May (after graduation).. different ones.. hoping to be able to pass on my first try.. does that sound reasonable..?
- Feb 8 by danielle12nursetim, When you say her style is not for everyone what do you mean? I am trying to decide which review but wanted to attend a live session. Or if you have any audio from the session you want to sell please let me know. Thanks Or send me your email if you don't mind, I had a few more questions about the review.Thanks
- Apr 16 by 1newFNPI found marg Fitzgerald's CDs to be very helpful. I also use Leik FNP certif. review questions book and NP certification questions, 3rd edition (purple book) by Margaret Fitzgerald. I had no problem passing ANCC. I think, all of the above is more than enough for you to pass. Yes, lots of ethical and research questions on ANCC exam , but they were straight forward.
- Apr 16 by TennesseeNP123I graduated in December, took the APEA review weekend (Hollier) and tested in January and passed....I did review some of the Fitzgerald workbook and listened to quite a few of her CDs, which I found very helpful, particularly the ethical/cultural/legal CDs....I also bought multiple practice tests to do online, which I thought was helpful...
- Apr 16 by froggg123I know this is an old post but I listented to the Fitzgerald CDs and went to the Kellerman review I LOVED kellerman AND she is 100% refundable if you dont pass so whats the harm right?