Number of patients per day??Register Today!
- by max66 Feb 15, '11Hi,
I am curious how many patients people who are doing primary care or specialty see per day. Also, was this number lower when you first started in your job?
- Feb 15, '11 by pedspnpI see on the avg of 20 Pt's but I am given 30 minutes for well baby appts and those avg 4 a day, new Pt's are also 30 minutes and I avg 2 a day , so not bad at all
- Feb 16, '11 by traumaRUsI work in nephrology rounding on dialysis pts and see between 40-70/day. However, that said, my pts already have had vitals, they are on dialysis and I don't undress them. Its a lung/heart and edema check for the most part.
- Feb 16, '11 by pedspnpAnd the 15 minutes for acute appt's last longer than that, there are always other concerns than the sore throat and the history is never the readers digest version , lol
- I work in adult primary care and see 24-30 patients per day. I get 15 minutes per appointment, whether it's a blood pressure re-check or a complete physical. This is one of the reasons I'll be looking for another position next Fall when my contract is up. I know others in primary care who see 15-18 per day-they actually get 30 minutes for a complete physical!
- Feb 16, '11 by carachel2I work in a small family practice office, privately owned, no EMR. I see 16-20 patients per day with a mix of acute cases with chronic care/diabetes/htn/lipids patients. I get 30 minutes for chronic disease management, an hour for physicals and anywhere from 10-15 minutes for the acutes. LOVE where I work.
- Feb 16, '11 by max66Thanks for the input so far! I can not imagine 15 minutes for a physical! When do you do your labs, paperwork, etc???
- Quote from max66I do a lot of it at home, and also do most of my charting at home. I work through lunch most days, too. The 15 minutes for a physical is ridiculous. It's forced me to basically stop doing GYN exams at the same time as the rest of the physical-just don't have time. Patients can either come back for that or see a midwife for their GYN care. Not the optimal situation.Thanks for the input so far! I can not imagine 15 minutes for a physical! When do you do your labs, paperwork, etc???
- Feb 16, '11 by max66Thanks BC- Sounds incredibly busy! I am looking for a new job (very tough market!) and the thoughts of 15 minute visits have me questioning why I ever got into this in the first place! Sounds like you are getting some good experience though???
- I am getting wonderful experience, and the craziness is worth it. However, it will be good to work at a more reasonably paced practice.