Facebook notificationRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Facebook notification in Nurse Practitioners (NP), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... I had a nurse send me a FB message that a pt was trying to get ahold of her dr, so she contacted...by pedspnp Jan 28I had a nurse send me a FB message that a pt was trying to get ahold of her dr, so she contacted one of my office nurses on FB to see what to do ,who in turn contacted me on FB by instant message I'm not friends with patients and find this unacceptable .
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=811551©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,950 Views
- Jan 28 by traumaRUsUh yeah - FB is NOT for work-related stuff. You have the wildest place of employment I've ever heard of.....
- Jan 28 by pedspnpwell my fb page is now off limits to coworkers, i keep a fb page to keep up with my deployed family members mostly. Had a nice chat this morning and made it clear on how to contact me after hours and that my FB was now family and friends only.
- Jan 28 by BlueDevil,DNPI have a friend who gets personal messages of that sort via FB all the time. She ignores them, as would I. I don't have a FB page, but if I did, I'd use my nickname that only my family know. I would never use my actual first and last name.
- Jan 28 by traumaRUsI too have a FB page but again would never ever allow a pt to "friend" me. I do have coworkers on my page but again just has never been an issue.
- Jan 28 by SaoirseRNIs it possible this person was friends with this patient prior to them being a patient? However I do agree that was an inappropriate use of Facebook.
- Jan 28 by edmiaIt's also possible that the patient sent the message without being friends with the nurse. FB allows you to message people you don't know. They don't see your profile except for what you allow to be public, but they can send a message.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Jan 28 by pedspnpThe nurse was friends prior to employment with this person, so I can see why she contacted this friend, since she could not get ahold of her md who is in our office who her child sees , I was out of town seeing my husband one last time before he left for Afghanistan and my husband saw the FB message before I did, he was upset because he knew how much I was looking forward to a last weekend with him with no calls since my supervising md took my call all weekend, and that parent who couldn't get ahold of her md decided to contact her friend on Fb
- Jan 29 by traumaRUsWhat a freakshow! You take care while your husband is deployed.
- Jan 29 by nhnursie"Message, what message?" never saw it.....I ignore messages and friend requests all the time if they are not my friends.
I have and use FB, my choice, do not beat me up here please, and I belong to several smaller groups.
While I enjoy the banter amongst the folks in each group, I dont want them to see the rest of my world, so I ignore them.