Rude doctor gets the bootRegister Today!
- by pathogenie Oct 23, '02Health - Reuters
'Rude' Doctor Barred from Practice in UK
Tue Oct 22, 2:11 PM ET
LONDON (Reuters) - A British surgeon reported to have told a patient "you have cancer, I have asthma, we all have to die some time" was struck off the rolls Monday.
The General Medical Council said Dr. Mohannad Al-Fallouji's conduct "has rightly been described as bizarre."
The surgeon, dubbed "a walking terror in a white coat" by the media, made lewd remarks to female colleagues and occasionally groped them. He wrote nasty and deliberately misleading references about junior doctors, the GMC said.
He also sent a flirtatious card to a young female patient, trying to arrange a date without her parents finding out.
And he had a habit of informing patients they had cancer in a manner that was "abrupt, insensitive, rude and below a reasonable professional standard," the council found.
He once informed a patient who had been told she may have gallstones "words to the effect that she had a malignant cancer and that she should feel privileged that she had time to prepare for her death and make a will."
"In view of your behavior toward patients and colleagues there are no conditions which would enable the Committee to conclude that you could safely resume practice," it said.
- 1,111 Views
- Oct 23, '02 by SmilingBluEyesGood show!
- Oct 23, '02 by OB/GYN NPYou have to wonder...was he always like that, or just got rude and mean as he got older? What a jerk!!!!! Think of all those poor people who had the misfortune of finding out from THAT GUY that they had cancer. We can all be thankful that there's one less rude doctor out there!
- Oct 23, '02 by renerianWow that MD needs a lesson in bedside manner for sure. Would hate to be on the receiving end of that type of delivery of bad news. As a nurse you would get to clean up after that mess.....
- Oct 23, '02 by pathogenieSomeone should have taken him into a little room and told him - "You're fired, and I am gonna take your job, we all gotta lose sometime biatch"
Worst part is he'll probably come to the states and get a job at an HMO. He seems to have the credentials.
- Oct 23, '02 by Stargazerpathogenie, could I ask you to post the link to that article? Thanks!
- Oct 23, '02 by CATHYWThat jerk got just what was coming to him!
- Oct 23, '02 by Stargazer[QUOTE]Originally posted by pathogenie
[B]Yep, here you go...
Thanks! Wanted to forward to my colleagues.