Only nurses would have lunch conversations like this... - page 2
by Stcroix | 4,453 Views | 18 Comments
Ok, just having fun here and not being insensitive and all that. Ain't it a shame I feel the need to put out a silly disclaimer? Anyway, lunchroom today on a med surge floor, folks just started swapping stories. It struck me... Read More
- 1Feb 28, '13 by K+MgSO4My peads nurse friend shares a house with a real estate agent there is a group of 4 nurses and this guy. He is best friends with her. Between me her and another nurse this guy says that he has forgotten "the line" of appropriate conversation for the dinner table! When he has a GF they often get grossed out by our stories!
- 6Feb 28, '13 by rnsrgr8tThere was one Thanksgiving party that I was at. There must have been 50 people there. It was an unusually warm night so there was about 20 of us hanging out on my friends big back deck. 2 of my friends and I (all nurses) started talking shop and telling funny stories (we thought ) about work. We must have chatted for 30- 40 minutes and were laughing so hard we were crying. I looked up and they entire deck was deserted! Everyone else from the party had gone inside! Guess we were not as funny as we thought we were. It was years ago so I do not remember what we were talking about but I do remember seeing how we had literally cleared the deck!
- 1Feb 28, '13 by NurseOnAMotorcycleQuote from Racer15One of our male LPNs has this running joke that anytime a woman comes in with gross vaginal issues, he always seems to get them, like some weird, gross vagina magnet. Anyways, we were sitting around eating one day when he was describing a patient with some vaginal issues, and he blurts out "it looked like a shar-pei puppy swimming in a vat of mayonnaise!" I still crack up when I think about the way he said it, haha. And we just kept on eating!
Oh gosh I will love this forever!!!
(And I think I've had her as a pt!)
- 2Mar 1, '13 by GretchitectI am an RN and my sister is an NP in the emergency room - once at lunch she described a pelvic exam on a woman who had lost her tampon, this way; "...it was like trying to tighten a bolt on a car engine by going through the tail pipe..." the people in the booth behind us all turned and stared at the same time, I just nodded in agreement and kept on eating
- 2Mar 1, '13 by Welsley1969Our family went deep sea fishing one year and my youngest who was 7 and I did not fish, she apparently just sat and watched the waves. My oldest son met a young lady and they were standing at the rail with rods cast when my little one says,"Mommy, I am going to be sick". So I got her up to the rail right beside big brother and his new friend and she proceeded to loose her lunch. My son looked down and says,"Why is it brown? We haven't eaten anything brown. Why is it brown?" He does this for what seems to be a very long time. I finally had to tell him to stop because we may talk about that stuff at home, but his new friend might not, unless her mom is also a nurse.