Denied employment at agency due to ordered prescriptions - page 4
Hello everybody. First of all I would like to say I think this website is great. I've been using it throughout RN school, and recently I decided to make an account after getting my RN License. So, here is some back ground... ... Read More
- 2May 31, '12 by nursel56 GuideQuote from RNwithHonorsCongrats! They're lucky to have you.You will be happy to know, I'm sure, that I start my first RN job on June 4th--as I finalized everything by passing my pre-employment physical today.
Thank you for those of you who recall the person typing on the other end of your screen here is actually a human-being; thank you TRULY for your support.
- 1May 31, '12 by BluegrassRNIt could be the offer was withdrawn because of the reason you take pain meds. We recently offered a nurse a position, and she failed the pre-employment physical, not because her drug screen was positive for narcs (she had a script for them, too), but that the narcs were for back pain. Our HR apparently withdrew the offer once her history of previous back injury became known.
- 9May 31, '12 by CrunchRNSo nurses are once again supposed to be super human and not take any medications?
I find many of these responses make me ashamed of my fellow nurses. And no, I do not take any medications, but the O/P described responsible and reasonable medication use.
O/P - I am very happy you found a job. I think you will be a wonderful nurse.
- 4Quote from CrunchRNTestify, baby!So nurses are once again supposed to be super human and not take any medications? I find many of these responses make me ashamed of my fellow nurses. And no, I do not take any medications, but the O/P described responsible and reasonable medication use.O/P - I am very happy you found a job. I think you will be a wonderful nurse.
- 2May 31, '12 by woohQuote from OCNRN63Now that hospitals get to hire nurses like a casino hires "hostesses," I'm sure instead of fighting requirements to wear all white, we'll be fighting requirements to wear sexy nurse outfits. It's all about customer service baby!!!I'm not sure what that has to do with nursing, but whatev.