That awkward moment when....
- 7Feb 1, '13 by prnqdaySometimes nursing drains the living daylights out of me. However, I love what I do. It is never a dull moment. However, lately I've had some pretty awkward moments and thought I'd share. Feel free to add yours!
-That awkward moment when I had a patient that haven't urinated in 8 hours, so I pulled the curtain and started to gently massage his bladder and got overly excited when he voided. ( that meant no foley!)
-That awkward moment when a patient poops or passes gas I shout " Oh, this is wonderful" . (Patient usually gives me that " she's nuts" look)
-That awkward moment when a discharged patient walks in on me when I'm using the Bathroom close to the hospital entrance. ( I wasn't no where near the employees rest room, and a girl had to go).
-That awkward moment when you are trying to find veins on a drug user and you try your best to politely ask where to go, without offending them. ( although most volunteer to expose what is left).
- That awkward momemt when you have a patient who we found PCP in his urine, and his wife is at the bedside 9 months preggors and have no idea( shaking my head).
-That awkward moment when you have to assess a male patient who is extremly attracted to you, and says "helllllooooo nurse". (yuckers!)
These are just a few. I'm sure I have many more.... thats all for now folks.
- 7Feb 2, '13 by thelittledoeQuote from ClearBlueOctoberSkySimilarly, that awkward moment when your demented old man thinks you're his wife and leans over for a kiss then exclaims "Come on just jump in bed with me!"That awkward moment when your demented old man resident calls you a sex bomb.
OR when said dementia resident hears a family crying in the hallway and shouts (within earshot) "They make it sound like someone is dying!"..."yes sir, that is because someone DID just pass away"
- 13That awkward moment when you're collecting a UA via straight cath on a 60 y/o psych patient who thinks she's pregnant and as you're removing the cath she looks down and says "Did you get the whole baby out? I really don't want it."
Or...that awkward moment when you walk past a male room and hear your CNA exclaiming, "Congratulations it's a boy!" then you walk in just in time to see the CNA removing a bedpan with the biggest BM you've ever seen.
I used to have a CNA who would describe to me the residents' BM's by comparing them to the length of her arm. So funny...
- 6Feb 2, '13 by LTCNS-That awkward moment when you're leaning towards a sweet elderly lady with dementia to give her a bite of food and she says "If you're going to kiss me just do it."
-That awkward moment when you anticipate the debriding instrument the doctor wants to use so you have it opened and ready, only for him to ask for another type.
-That awkward moment when a patient states in front of another nurse that he would rather have you as his nurse because you're the good one.
-That awkward moment when you have an A&Ox3 male patient fully capable of washing his own man parts but throws back the covers, grins and tells you he wants you to do it for him.