Thoughts on PCMH (now Vidant Medical Center) - page 3
Does anybody have any input about working as an RN at Pitt Memorial in Greenville? I've been interested in working there but attend school in another part of the state and have not been within Pitt before. Non-nursing employees... Read More
- 0Jan 23, '12 by narakiraSorry I just figured out how to check mail with this site I got on the medical icu. Not the step down unit. My private e-mail is [email protected]. I check that one everyday if you want to write. This site won't let me send you a private message b/c I'm not an "active member." I'm really excited too and freaked out. I can't believe you are planning a wedding too! I'm so stressed trying to pack up and fix up my house to rent it out. I hope your friend landed the gig! It took a week to get my letter, but the human resources guy called me that Monday and asked what unit I preferred. I don't know if that means I got an offer from both or if he was just curious if I wanted the ICU more. Would have been really embarrassing if I had said the other unit and didn't get it. I hope we get great preceptors! I want to write more, but I got to go paint a bathroom take care ttyl
- 0Jan 24, '12 by TheChair1I was wondering if anyone can tell me the actual start date for PCMH's new grad residency program 2012? I had a phone interview last friday (01/20/2012) and the manager told me that someone would be in contact with me to tell me about the next phase and answer any specific questions I had such as start date? You guys have talked about shadowing and face-to-face interviews. I'm a little worried because I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough time to get through all of those steps if the residency starts the first week of March. I passed NCLEX 01/23/2012 and if they are going to offer me a spot I think i need to start worrying about endorsing a license to NC since I presently live in Illinois. I'm so confused. Any feedback or information would be much appreciated!! Congratulations to everyone who has received a formal offer!
- 0Hey everyone. I have a phone interview next week, what kind of questions should I prepare for? And also, does everyone have to go through the shadowing phase in order to get the job or are only certain people getting the shadowing experience? I am very nervous about all this. Hope you guys can help me out
- 0Jan 25, '12 by TheChair1SimplisticRnx are you applying for a spot in the new grad residency or just for a staff position? Im not sure if everyone has to tour/shadow. It is my understanding that the site visit is important so that they can see if one might be a good fit for a particular unit especially for the new grads but I'm just assuming.
Tigerlilie, did you need to bring and present your driver's license and copy of your social security card for the site visit? Were you able to take the drug screen that same day as well? Or did they offer you a position and there is still stuff you have to complete? March 5 is right around the corner and I am seriously not sure how they are going to get all of this stuff done for some of us who are still in the interviewing stage. I'm so stressed out, lol. Don't even get me started on my anxiety in regards to acquiring a NC RN license. I passed NCLEX here in Illinois on 01/23/2012 and am still waiting for my illinois license number!
- 0Hi TheChair1. I have a phone interview for the residency program next week so I'm very anxious about prepping for it. Which unit did you interviewed for? I'm interviewing for family medicine and don't know what to expect. What types of questions will they ask you, if you won't mind sharing? Also, did the manager tell you right after your phone interview that you have to go on a site visit to determine if you're qualify for the job? Sorry for bombarding you with all these questions.
- 0Jan 26, '12 by narakiraHi TheChair1,
My residency starts Feb 20th. A shadowing is not required. I was not told I got the job until a couple of days after the face-to-face interview. You can get a temporary license while you wait for ur official NC one. The temp one take about 6 business days I think. I did not have to bring anything to my interview. They will give you a bunch of paper stuff to take home. I recommend bringing a bag. Best of luck with your interview! Which unit are you interviewing for? I didn't have clinical question with my face to face interview, just with the phone one. Hope that helps