Name the Hospital and Starting SalaryRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Name the Hospital and Starting Salary in North Carolina Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hello everyone. I thought it would be useful to start a thread about the hospitals in North...by idani Dec 27, '12Hello everyone. I thought it would be useful to start a thread about the hospitals in North Carolina and the salary requirements. Does anyone know the starting salary for Duke or Wake Forest Baptist Hospital for someone with a BSN. Feel free to post about other hospitals as well.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=804483©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,098 Views
- Dec 30, '12 by wildlaurelI don't think most hospitals consider BSN vs ADN when setting the hourly rate. I've heard that Duke is now starting new grads out at $25/hour. I was surprised by that because they used to be the lowest paying hospital in that part of the state!
- Dec 30, '12 by mmc51264Most are 20-22ish (in eastern NC, anyway) I didn't know Duke went up. Just applied there. The shift differentials are what you need to look at. WakeMed is like $17 weekend nights. I don't think anyone comes that close.
- Dec 31, '12 by idaniThank you for all your responses.
- Jan 1 by katierobin23I work for a Novant facility, I'm a new grad with my BSN and I make $21/hr on days with a $4 shift diff for nights
- Jan 4 by GoosbyLPNAnyone know about LPN ?
- Jan 12 by Nervous1New Grad ADN @ Novant 21.42 (previous LPN experience).
- Jan 20 by Halle396I am in western nc @ a for profit hospital owned by tenet healthcare. Starting pay for new grad RNs regardless of ADN or BSN is $19 with a $3 shift diff. In previous years a BSN would earn an extra dollar on the hour but they have recently shut that down.
- Jan 20 by Pjking227According to our new grads our hospital starts them around $20 an hour with everyone earning $2.50 after 3pm and $3.50 day shift weekend plus the $2.50 after 3pm. I am in Greenville.
- Jan 21 by esf08001I just got an offer at Duke and it's $20.74 starting