Durham Regional Hospital should be ashamed!
- 0Sep 3, '10 by GoBuckeyez10During our entire Magnet run, they had fliers posted everywhere,
"Magnet, higher nursing satisfaction, better nurse to patient ratio's"
Well apparently their idea of better ratio's means giving us more patient's.
Our ratio just went from 4 TO 6 when giving chemo, this is on a medical/oncology unit.
We have busy medical patient's to care for also when giving chemo!
A 50% increase, and that's nursing satisfaction.
We have lost 2 of our best charge nurses and more are looking for another job.
What could be a good job TEMPORARY MANAGEMENT HAS RUINED!
- 0Sep 8, '10 by EmilyLucille523I'm not surprised. Try a 1:7 nurse-patient ratio on a cardiac floor with nitro drips, cardizem drips, insulin drips, blood transfusions, and everything else. It seems to be the norm now and all because of money issues. I got fed up with it also and recently decided to leave and to do 1:1 nursing care in Hospice.
- 0Oct 12, '10 by RnBill87awful isn't the word Dukegirl
Dishonest, unprofessional, and zero integrity says it better for Durham Regional management
I just got out of there 3 months ago, from unit 5-1.
I left when as soon as I realized how to know when my nurse manager was lieing.
When her lips were moving!
I wouldn't recommend any nurse this hospital to work at.Last edit by RnBill87 on Oct 12, '10
- 0Nov 15, '10 by MrsLilRatWow, I use to work on 5-1, 2003 - 2005, it was actually my first Job as a nurse. The only reason I left was b/c the the Unit Manager at the time was not willing to compromise for me to do only 1-2 nights of Charge nurse vs all 3 of my nights. The mediator couldnt believe my manager was not willing to give me a break for a few weeks, so I submitted my verbal resignation on the spot and started looking for another place to work.
Im sorry you had that experience, I enjoyed working there, it had its ups and downs. I agree with everyone, things were starting to get a tad bit dangerous even then, I worked strictly nights we always had 6-7 pateients each including charge nurse, they started trying to make us take 8 patients but we weren't going for that.
- 0Dec 26, '10 by RnBill87I talked to a couple of friends who are still on the 5th floor....but BOTH LEAVING
They say things only continue to change for the WORSE
If you a new grad please be careful...
Durham Regional will tell you what you want to hear,
then after orientation things will change
HIGHLY advise you avoid this Hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Last edit by RnBill87 on Dec 27, '10 : Reason: spelling
- 0Aug 3, '11 by CocoladyHas anyone had the experience of relocating to work here. Once you started, you found out that what all you were told in the interview is not so. Just upset about it all. If you look for another position does it look bad that you have worked in one hospital for only 6 months.