Passed NCLEX!!! Start NICU on 23rd!!!Register Today!
- by PremmieRN Jun 14, '03I am so happy to have boards out of the way. I am a happy lady.
I worked with a nurse that had previously worked in NICU. I borrowed her orientation books (4 very large books) so I could study alittle before I actually started working. I am excited and scared to start working. I have lurked here for quite awhile under my old name, learning different things from you all. Thank you for being here. Any advice would be much appreciated.
The new NICU RN on the block
- 781 Views
- Jun 14, '03 by fergus51Congrats! I am also a fairly new NICU nurse and it certainly is an interesting area! Hope you have a decent orientation and my tip is try to get some really sick ones while you have a preceptor even if it means you watch a fair amount of their care.
- Jun 15, '03 by A_Nightingale55Congratulations PreemieRN on passing the boards! I'm a new NICU nurse myself, (just finished my orientation last Friday) ! I totally agree with fergus. Try to get a really sick one with your preceptor if possible. Unfortunately I was not able to, so it will be tough when I finally get one!! Reading ahead is also a good thing. Best of luck!! Linda
- Jun 16, '03 by NICU_NurseCongratulations! Now the REAL work starts. I've just met my 18 month mark as an NICU nurse, and it's been quite an education (they weren't kidding when they said you don't learn anything in nursing school!) but I wouldn't trade my unit for any other in the world. Welcome to the forum, and let us know if you need anything!
- Jun 16, '03 by RainbowzLPNCongrats! I'm sure you'll love working in the NICU!