Welcome, New York Nurses! - Page 13Register Today!
- Apr 23, '07 by gt4everpnNurses' song
We'reNew Yorkers, were tough,
but don't worry we're nurses we've got a gentle touch
You can find us in the NICU, the PICU, ICU, and Med- Surg
but be not alarmed, we're always there even if its your regurg
We get down and dirty,& when it comes to work, patients first!
We're not scared to stand up to the docs, and tell 'um how its down
cause remember this is NY, the place we nurses run!
Thanks to all my NY nurses, keep up the good work!
- May 6, '07 by SteveNNPHello!
I am now officially a NY nurse!!! I start at Morgan Stanley Childrens Hospital at NYP in July..... FINALLY got my NYS license.
- May 17, '07 by BAGSTHEKID85Hello From Buffalo Ny.... Starting Summer Courses This Year To Become A Nurse...... Later Everyone
- May 23, '07 by mimi1jbHello everyone. Im not a nurse yet but am in my third semester, one more year to go. I live in NYC and was wondering if anyone out there could tell me about internships or jobs in there hospitals. Tuition is really worrying me for the fall (15, 000) and I wanted to get something fast. I havent been able to find anything on my own. So i wanted to ask fellow New Yorkers for help.
Thank you very much!
- Jun 8, '07 by demsboy007Hello from Orange County (Middletown) New York.
- Jun 8, '07 by gettingupthereHi, Live in Putnam County but work in Westchester LTC also!
- Jun 10, '07 by PROVERBShi! i'm taking the CGFNS exam this September and Iím planning to apply for NCLEX this month. Just wanted to ask the following:
1. I want to apply for NM because of its speedy processing but my heartís is in NY. I understand that if I choose NY, it will take me 9-11 months unlike NM which will only take me 3 months at most. Iím planning to apply for NM and then apply an endorsement/reciprocity for NY after. How long will the reciprocity will take? Is the time needed to apply for reciprocity equivalent to the time if I apply directly to NY instead of NM and then later endorse to NY? Which plan should I take: NM then endorse to NY or apply directly to NY? Which time will cost me less?
2. does NY require an SS# before they will issue the license just like in CA? I couldn't find a NY question & answer forum like this.
Iím hoping that you guys could help me with my dilemma. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! GOD BLESS
- Jun 10, '07 by ArlsHi New York nurses---
any from Long Island?
- Jun 14, '07 by moe1864new grad looking for reveiw materials for the nclex and hospitals that hire new grads in NYC?
- Jun 18, '07 by ymmaiHi! I just got my NY license last May and my papers are still with the NVC. I still don't know when I am going to New York. Hopefully, my agency would pay my visa fee bill this week. Anyway, I'd just want to know if someone in here is from Bronx? Specifically, from SPLITROCK REHAB AND HEALTH CARE CENTER? That is my work place given to me by my agency. Can anyone tell me how is the living and working conditions in that area? Is it safe in living/working in there? Thanks. Hope someone replies...