SUNY Brockport Traditional BSN FALL 2012
- 0Jan 31, '12 by kitkats4breakfsHello everyone!
I applied to Brockport's Traditional BSN (4-year) program 3 weeks a go and thought it may be helpful to start up a forum.
If you are:
currently applying or plan on applying (transfers included), a former applicant, a current student, I'd love to hear from you!
Has everyone finished their perquisites? Does anyone else have a not so competitive GPA (like me)? Does anyone know who is considered a competitive applicant? Where is everyone else applying?
I look forward to speaking with everyone and hopefully entering the Fall '12 class together!
KKBLast edit by kitkats4breakfs on Jan 31, '12
- 4,311 Visits
- 0Feb 5, '12 by ManhattanBreadHey, good luck!! I wanted to apply to the traditional BSN program as well (as a transfer, since I do not have a bachelors and am an ultrasound school graduate), but didn't get all my paper work done in time. Maybe next year if I don't have the best of luck with my other nursing school choices. Let us know how you did!
- 0Feb 6, '12 by ManhattanBreadI applied to Pace, LIU, Mount Sain't Vincent, and NYU (the private institutions).
Then the CUNY's: Hunter, Lehman, and York.
One of my top choices was Stonybrook, but I didn't get all my paperwork on time :-( I know so many great nurses that graduated from it's nursing school.
I applied to all by February 2, 2012. So hopefully, I will hear back soon. My GPA for my pre-reqs is a 3.3 right now. My ultrasound school GPA (I graduated last summer) was 2.7 :-( So not competive. But my personal statement and two recommendations are pretty stellar. Here's hoping!
- 0Feb 7, '12 by kitkats4breakfsNot yet, but one is on the way.
Plattsburgh said they will send out letters in March. I find this to be strange since today they requested me to send in my mid term grade (I'm only taking one class). They will not receive it until late March and that's when letters go out.
- 0Mar 2, '12 by luciddreeamsME!! I applied for this program! But I'm a transfer student so I'd be entering as a junior with only two years left to go! So we probably wouldn't be in the same class. have you heard anything from the school yet? I'm in upstate NY so the mail shouldn't take long to get to me. Where are you applying from? what state? What is your GPA?