New grad interview at Mount Sinai on Wednesday - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 4, '12 by kcangel1Well hopefully they're still just backed up from having to place the people with scholarships, I know my friend said there were still like 6/15 of them waiting to get placed on a unit. Stay positive! And thanks for all your help!
- Sep 5, '12 by kcangel1My interview went really well! The burse receuiter asked me a few "describe a time when..." questions, then she got me an interview with the nurse manager of a rehab floor. That interview went well as well, i met a few nurses and got a tpur of the unit. I met back with the nurse recruiter to tell her how it went and she said I should be hearing back soon if I got the position. So now I just have to be positive and wait and see!Thanks again for all the helpful tips and encouragement!
- Sep 18, '12 by mayongnameCongrats to you guys! I was also hired recently and will be orienting this october. How are things going so far?
- Sep 20, '12 by thekidisbackHow I wish I can get an interview with Mt. Sinai. Been applying for several positions and no reply yet I think my chances are slim anyway. I only have one year of med-surg experience and worse, I only have an Associates Degree. But I am currently in an online RN to BSN program so hopefully that helps.
A little off topic, but anyone know of any clinic/office jobs out in the city? Looking for a per diem/part time job...
- Sep 24, '12 by lnlovesHey kcangel1! Any updates? I am in a similar situation. I'm a new grad and I interviewed last month with the RN recruiter at Mt. Sinai and got a second interview for the NICU. The interview went really well, but I haven't heard back yet. Now it's just a waiting game.
- Sep 27, '12 by CP1983Wow, it would be nice to get a job them. I had been applying since 2006, ranging from staff accountant (I have 3 years exp) janitor, library asst, dietary aide, to RN. I have an adn with no exper so I guess that's why. But they never called me anyway so I had stopped applying to them, it was just frustrating. But it's good to hear some of you got interviews. Good luck to all of you.
- Sep 27, '12 by kcangel1Hi Inloves, I still haven't heard anything, it's been about 3 weeks. I've called my nurse recruiter about 3 times and still haven't gotten a call back. What recruiter did you meet with? I met with Nichole. Seemed really nice and told me that whether I got this position or not I was a "good fit for Mt Sinai" so she would find a department for me. But now I haven't heard anything sooooo not really sure if I'll ever hear back from them. My friend interviewed for an oncology position the week after I did, called that same week to follow up, and got the job by the end of the week. She had a different recruiter though.
- Sep 27, '12 by one.two.threeKcangel1, it's been more than a month for me and I still haven't heard anything back. I also have the same recruiter.