Interview Process at Strong Hospital, RochesterRegister Today!
- by NedAboutRN Oct 1, '10Good evening,
Long time reader, first time poster. I'm a new ADN graduate currently living in New York City. My wife is also a new graduate (though not a nurse), and we're relocating to Rochester for her work. In preparation for the move, I've applied to...well, every hospital in the Rochester area. Given the current NYC market, I was rather shocked when University of Rochester's Strong Hospital called me the very next day after applying!
I'm going to up Rochester next week for two shadow experiences with a "short recruitment interview" following. I'm curious if anyone, either a new Strong nurse or an experienced Strong nurse, could tell me what to expect in terms of the shadow, the interview, and the application process in general. Is it a long process? Should I tell my poor car, Matilda VonChevy, to expect many trips to-and-fro? What is it like working there, from a new grad aspect? Really, any information about the hiring and working would be welcome. Thanks!
- Oct 11, '10 by jenn8500Hi,
Just wondering how your shadow experience and interview went at Strong Memorial. I shadowed there and have to go back again for another interview. I also have to drive quite a distance and my next interview will be my third trip! It does seem like a very good hospital though.
- Oct 30, '10 by NedAboutRNHello there, Jenn!
The shadows went very well, fortunately! I shadowed both 7-34 (Heart Transplant) and 7-14 (Cardiac/Vascular Surgery), did my interviews while I was there, and a few days later I received an offer for the CV unit--which I accepted. I then had to return a week later for physical/drug testing and a pharmacology test. I can't imagine you had to interview three times! Why? How did it work out?
Hope everything went well and you found a great unit!
- Dec 2, '11 by bigworldI know it has been a while, but wanted to bump the thread and find out how things are going up at Strong??
- Nov 3, '12 by applemanHow are things at strong memorial hospital . ? How was the job shadowing!? is the thread still active
- Feb 6 by jegrant0606Hey, anyone who works at strong memorial hospital can you give me info on the starting salary for new grads,parking fees, and orientation process? Also for the shadow is it a hands-on experience?