Merit Technical Institute* NJ - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 16, '09 by yasmeen1This is a pretty good school, Give it a try
- Apr 17, '09 by lilsp00nA pretty good school??? My fiance go to that school and many of them complain their grades and even the smartest student in class fail her though her answers were correct! And they think this is really unfair! :angryfire They pay like $500 every test/credit or something (Im not sure), and the books cost more or less $40.
- Apr 17, '09 by lilsp00nCorrection: The books cost more or less $130.
- May 14, '09 by shejjr2Im currently a Merit Student, I started in February 2009....Yes the school is money hungry and you must pay as you go along...however when you applied if you pass the entrance exam you get right into the program. All the local county nursing program has long waiting list. Merit has a good pass rate for the state board...and they are listed on the board of Nursing for New Jersey.....If I had a choose I would prefer to go to a local county school, but I can't wait 18months to start a program. If you stay focus and really want to make it work, you can with merit....all nursing programs are hard....
- May 15, '09 by mommyof2TeesHi shejjr2 -
Is Merit's Entrance Exam similiar to their practice test they have posted on their website? What should I really study for? Thanks in advance.
- May 16, '09 by shejjr2yes, the practice entrance exam is the same as the acutally test....if you did the practice test with no problems than you should be fine...now if you been out of school for a while than you may need to practice. the test is timed so you must finish in that time period.....Good Luck...Im sure you will do fine..
- Aug 19, '09 by rvimmiHey Yasmeen1 have u started the class already? If u have would u be so kind enough and email me the sylbus plz.to my email thank you.Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Sep 22, '09 : Reason: Email edit for safety
- Aug 19, '09 by Erikarn2bHi everyone, for those who have already taken classes at Merit Institute or have completed their LPN program, i would like to get some info about their classes and what to get ready for. I got accepted to this school and i'm very nervous because i don't what to expect. Any info would greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
- Aug 25, '09 by shejjr2yes...i started at merit in feb...2009....expected grad date mar 2010.....merit school is okay....but very unorganized between staff and students....you must study very hard and stay out of trouble cause there is alot going on with the students.....it will work for you only if you are serious about nursing.....
the professor will give you a syallbus for each class....you should get a handbook at orientation...
- Aug 26, '09 by BrownOceanMerit is straight BS in my book. They are in it for the money. I actually called them out. The director actually was afraid to let me sign up since I shot so many questions at him that he couldn't answer. Or when I corrected him on the BS he was tryna tell me. The don't even have financial aid. ***??
I went in there with a little attitude because I didn't like how when I first came to take the test they ask for the $40 and my ID and didn't even say HI. How rude.
The school cost about 15K that you have to pay $500 to hold your spot... 1K by orientation and about 1K a month afterr that for 6 months. The rest you can take a loan out (Not sallie mae or Chase) but their own private loan company. Ha yea right. If I'm not mistaken you have to pay the balance of the loan before you can graduate.
Oh...books and uniform is not included in the fee.
LOL..those people are ridiculous. I actually had a smirk on my face the whole time he was talking to me. He gave me a BS story about how they don't tolerated ghetto people or people who are roudy and act as if they grew up in th projects.... So they whole time the smirk is on his face.
Well I let that bum know that I grew up in a middle class neighborhood,never been arrested or anything an I've been to school for info tech, networking, paralegal studies and graduated HS at 16. And I work at 1199SEIU (Which he didn't know is the union that represents healthcare workers) so I know what I'm talking about. Mind you I was 24 years old at the time. He was straight up sweating bullets. His mouth was all dry. He actually said That maybe this wasn't the school for me.
Oh and I actually went there with 15K cash (pic on my social site page) to show him that paying for this school wasn't a problem. His eyes lit up when he saw all that cash. Hahaha.
Well right now I'm just waiting to start Lincoln Tech in Paramus, NJ where I will be going for my LPN... Wish my luck people.