Essex County College Fall 2011 Nursing Exam - page 7
by SNHRN2B 11,030 Views | 70 Comments
Hello, Has anyone recieved the date(s) for the Nursing Entrance Exam for September 2011? I've been studying all summer and I am very excited to sit for the test; I just hope that i do well. I have take all Pre-Reqs and... Read More
- 0Nov 16, '11 by SNHRN2BlapoRtaN,
Hypothetically Speaking, If by chance i do get accepted, what do you think about taking NUR I and Micro together?
I was told by a counselor not to take them at the same time, but this counselor also told me not to take Bio 121 and Chm 101 at the same time, but i ended up getting an A in both.
I'm just not sure about the challenges of Nursing classes.
- 0Nov 20, '11 by KhiaMarieQuote from SNHRN2BCongrats. I just decided to go for the nursing program at ECC. I haven't taken the pre classes yet...I'm still in high school. I hope to take English 101 next semester and the other classes Fall of 12' and then apply for the Fall 13' day program.Thank you father in heaven!!!!
I got my acceptance letter!! I am in the program!
Any advice, tips, or books recommendations? I really want to get it.
- 0Nov 22, '11 by SNHRN2BBe sure to know your sciences...again. Be sure to know your sciences, read lots of books and enhance your vocabulary.
ISBN-13: 978-0763762711 is a must have; it is the NLN Pre-entrance exam study guide. Know, know know your math...amongst other section. "English from the Roots Up Flashcards" might also breaking down words.
If you know the study guide, you should do very well. Study extensively and thoroughly and take all the tests that are inside of the book. Learn from your mistakes.
- 0Nov 22, '11 by KhiaMarieI talked to someone in the red area today and she said there is a waiting list. And I have to do all my prerequisites (Eng 101, Chem 101, Mth 100, Soc 101, Psy 101, and Bio 121) before even thinking about applying to the nursing program. I thought there was only three prerequisites. And MTH 92 was one of them not 100? She told me to wait a year then apply.
Next semester I'm taking Chem 101, Eng 101, and BIO 121. I thought I'd be able to apply in June or July in hope of getting into the evening program January 2013.
- 1Nov 23, '11 by SNHRN2BKhiaMarie,
You absolutely can take your pre-reqs in January, and then test in September for the evening. It is exactly what i did. Pre reqs are Bio 121, Eng 101 amd Chem 101 or 103. I am actually taking Soc 101 right now. I have alreay taken Psy 101 and Math 100 is not a pre req (although i have taken it). If you plan on getting into the program be sure to do exceptionally in you pre reqs as well as on the exam.
As LapoRtan said, you will get better info from the Nursing Dept or Blue area.
Check out the link below for more info:
http://www.essex.edu/divisions/nursi...20May2010).pdfLast edit by SNHRN2B on Nov 23, '11